SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Seedings

PCM

If the NCAA pairings match USCHO's prediction, Colorado College won't make it to the tournament. This is what USCHO thinks will happen:

Midwest Regional:

13 Notre Dame vs. 4 Minnesota

12 Michigan State vs. 5 Minnesota-Duluth

West Regional:

16 Holy Cross vs. 1 North Dakota

10 Miami vs. 7 Denver

East Regional:

15 Niagara vs. 3 Maine

11 Wisconsin vs. 6 Ohio State

Northeast Regional:

14 Harvard vs. 2 Boston College

9 New Hampshire vs. 8 Michigan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good then. For a handful of reasons, we bought our West Regional tickets back in October, and will go there to watch college hockey regardless of seeds.

A big Sioux booster who claims to be in the know was whispering in my ear at the game last night that Sioux brass are already confirming that the Springs is a lock and that the NCAA has already told us so. I suppose that this is possible.

However, the same guy swore up and down, against my early protestations that he did not know what he was talking about, that we will play Bemidji State. I told him that BSU is not in the tourney, but that Niagra is.

He argued, and made sense, that these small fry conference automatic seeds ought to go to the regular season champ to make their entire conference season more meaningful. He says BSU. I say Niagra. I also think that Niagra will be our first round opponent. A worthy opponent for the Number One Sioux.

Go Sioux. Let's Spring to Boston.

Would they dare to send MI out East? Who is the host school of the midwest? I'd switch MI and UMD, I think there is a little wishful thinking by Jason Moy. Personally I hope CC is in the the Sioux get sent out East - the games will actually be on TV. :D I think CC is ahead of ND in the PWR, does the commitee use the bonus?

How the heck does the CCHA get 5 teams in the tourny? ;) (I see how they do, but still WTF?)

With USCHO predictions, it looks like Midwest is the toughest regional. None of those teams I'd like to meet in the first two rounds.

On paper, the West and Easat regionals seem to be the easiest track to the Frozen Four.

The Northeast will be the highest attendance wise.

I love the show so far. That Adam guy after Ohio State vs Wisconsin was announced he simply says "Yeah, but let's go back to Harvard..."

I'm sayiing Damn straight! There's no hockey except in New England. So I recommend they simply list the West and Midwest regionals out on the teleprompter and cut the show off so that they can cut for a special NBA Hoops show or something to do with the NCAA Women's BBall :D

At least Jack Edwards isn't doing the commentating, but the guy who is looks to be the Frank Mazzocco of BC

So what do we have for confirmed matchups so far?  I don't have cable, and all USCHO has is the East Regional showing as done... :D

USCHO predictions are so far correct.

They've now down all but the Midwest.

Oh yeah, and the dude who is commentating has ties to Holy Cross. Gosh, the first time ever and HC is going to get some serious runs.

They just introduced the Midwest.

Minnesota vs Notre Dame

UMD vs MSU

Bah. :D

How'd I miss that!

So no surprises really.

But Maine vs UMASS the only highlights shown other than a short Minny montage going into the break.

I'm pleased that Notre Dame made the tourney. It'd be a gas if they wiped out the Midwest regional and went to the FF. I'd be VERY VERY surprised if it happened, but it would be interesting.

I wanna also thank Jerry York for dispensing with all the annoying suspense with regard to the Hobey. He stated in no uncertain terms that Ben Eaves is the best player in college hockey.

You're kidding me, right? Not that Eaves isn't good, and I thought after seeing him in GF this fall that he should win it, but the guy missed what, half the year? How did he even get a chance to make an argument for it? Anyone who knows ANYTHING about hockey at this very moment KNOWS who the best player in the country is, and he wears #11 and plays for UND... :D

Sucks for both of them, but it is good for everyone else... I hope Duluth takes them f'n rodents out... :D

I'm thinking there are many who hope that is the case, but who knows.

Notre Dame could beat the Gophers (theoretically) and then what would we do? I think it would be shocking actually.

And like York, the Sioux and the Gophers can look to next season as it has been announced that Maine will win the NC because no one can beat Jimmy Howard.

Whew. That takes the stress off.

Gophers got by far the toughest region. I hope Duluth is back to full strenght. Heard that Lessard was hurt in the AA game. Wisconsin has to like their draw. Sioux will likely face a pro DU crowd should the two met on Saturday.

My guess is that JPar plays Friday and Brandt on Saturday. Anyone know if Sioux get early or late game on Friday?

I liked how every coach avoided answering each question.

Also, the Northeast (BC) and Midwest (UM) seem to be the toughest regions. I think the Sioux got the easiest. Denver is missing Conner James and who knows on Miami as they are a CCHA team. I think that conference was down this year.