SiouxSports.com Forum

Wizzco new coach-not Gwoz...

LuvHockey

I was on GPL earlier and asked if they though Gwoz would be a decent replacement for Lucia whenever he is done. Didn't seem to be a popular idea. Some said they would have taken him 10 years ago, but want someone younger now.

That will be an interesting one to watch as well, whenever it happens. I'm not a Lucia fan, but he has certainly been there for a while.

Also for what its worth, the folks on GPL didn't seem to bad. Any time I have been on Bisonville, you could give them endless comments, and they still talk smack.

• Upvote 2

I think Gwoz, at 62 years young, is going to have a tough time finding a long term gig in the NCAA. I think he still has the talent to win, but won't find a spot in the historically "big-name" hockey programs. Is he even actively seeking a job or is he just kind of fading into the sunset?

Anyway, it looks like UW did a nice job with the staff they are putting in place. That's one way to right the ship. And if I were a betting man, I'd bet they'll see some payoff right away. I'm not predicting UW in the FF next year, but I think they'll have double digit wins at least. :D

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 808287 said:

TG will bring the right attitude to the Wisco bench.  He'll be a fierce recruiter and a demanding coaching staff leader.  Expect Bucky to be officially "back" in five years time.  

I bet it won't take that long

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dagies said:

I bet it won't take that long

Agreed.  Their fan base was like a mob calling for Eaves' firing, but they were acknowledging signs of improvement even before the announcement.   Granato and his staff should recruit with the best of them, and they always have that campus draw.  

How much longer do we think Blais will be coaching. There are still people at the U that say they want him.

I don't want to say he would never coach at the U; he is an alumni and money talks. Though I think that ship has sailed. At his age, I just don't see him moving into a new school like that to give another program a jump start. He could certainly do it, and I have no doubt he would be successful, but I see him wanting to live somewhere more rural that Minneapolis. 

• Upvote 1