SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS...

AZSIOUX

Just wondering:

IF the Sioux make it to the Final Five but happen to lose there, will that affect what region they are placed in or will the Sioux pretty much lock up a certain regional with their results next weekend?

I think Duluth might have to flip our comparison before we would be out in Michigan...seeing as how we start with a 5-0 lead, I'd say it's rather unlikely.

I don't want to retype them, so here they are from USCHO.....

Michigan Tech @ North Dakota, 5-1, 6-2 Sioux...Conner gets 1 assist to go 1-1-2 in 6 games vs. the Sioux, is awarded the Hobey on the spot for accomplishing such a daunting task. Crazy Claude tries his stunt again on Friday, fails to catch himself and falls onto the ice, where Matt Greene and John Scott team up to kick his a$$, Greene then turns around and beats Scott sensless.

Mankato @ Duluth, 6-1, 4-3 (OT) Duluth...Mankato puts Stomper in goal after Volp and Clarke sieve it up in Game 1...actually keeps it close for the Landcows, but Tim Stapleton and Luke Stauffacher pull out the Annexation of Manitoba, which leaves Stomper and the D confused...and at center ice. Stapleton used his stick like a pool cue to knock in the GWG.

Alaska @ Wisconsin: 3-2 (AA), 3-1, 4-2, Wisco...Pi$$ed off about losing the Governor's Cup Anchorage takes game 1. Fournier, thinking they just won the series, goes out and celebrates too much and McDonald's (and BK, and Wendy's, and Hardee's) and is therefore pathetically slow the rest of the series. Bucky gets a hat trick on Sunday.

CC @ Denver, 5-3 (CC), 4-3 (DU,OT), 2-1 (CC,OT) CC...Denver loses in OT 2-1 for the second straight year to be eliminated from the WCHA playoffs...Gwozdecky tries recruit Michael Vick and Brian Urlacher after seeing the Nike commercial which has them playing for the Avalanche. Is shocked to find out that they already have jobs...

St. Cloud @ Minnesota 5-2, 4-1, Minny...Vanek gets a shorty...on an empty net... and Minnesota fans say he deserves the Hobey for his great defensive skills. Dahl is once again pi r squared and says he feels they still have a shot at the NCAA's. When they don't, the Llama says they weren't expected to...to which St. Clown extends his contract 10 years, assuring 10 more years of swooning agony for SCCC fans.

Tiebreaker: 34...number of bone fragments in Scott's face when the Greene Giant gets done with him.

Crazy Claude tries his stunt again on Friday, fails to catch himself and falls onto the ice, where Matt Greene and John Scott team up to kick his a$$, Greene then turns around and beats Scott sensless.

You guys are funny.Greene has been in exactly ZERO fights at UND and you guys build him up like he's some kind of great fighter.What a joke. Until i see him throw some punches,he's just another big guy.

You guys are funny.Greene has been in exactly ZERO fights at UND and you guys build him up like he's some kind of great fighter.What a joke. Until i see him throw some punches,he's just another big guy.

How can you claim to be a WCHA fan without recognizing the rules regarding fighting in the WCHA? It is a very bad thing to fight, but will be done in extreme circumstances.

That's just because the refs break it up right away so the emergency personnel don't have to come on the ice. ???

How can you claim to be a WCHA fan without recognizing the rules regarding fighting in the WCHA? It is a very bad thing to fight, but will be done in extreme circumstances.

I realize the WCHA frowns on fighting. Im just pointing out that you guys like to brag a lot about Greene & how tough he is when he hasnt even thrown off his gloves yet.At least Prpich & Schneider have already fought and they're alot smaller then him.

I realize the WCHA frowns on fighting. Im just pointing out that you guys like to brag a lot about Greene & how tough he is when he hasnt even thrown off his gloves yet.At least Prpich & Schneider have already fought and they're alot smaller then him.

Greenes to important in the long run to get kicked out . he throws himself around on the ice nicely and Blais probably has a leash on him after last year and a couple of intances this year. it would be nice to see him throw some but not this year because of the importnace of each remaining game...

You discount one thing about Greene's reluctance to fight: Blais. Remember last season? He gets called for any minor and he skates to the locker room.

This year Greene is a lot better, but by necessity. Greene is a feisty competitor. He does NOT want to be left out of ANYTHING. Therefore, he gives up his fighting to just take it out in big hits and breaking his stick across people's backs. He doesn't want Blais to keep him out of the lineup.

Saint Cloud State - Gophers will be a real interesting matchup.

Add to that this possibility. It is no secret that JBSU has been a miserable

failure in the post season, having only a Final Five banner to go along with their banners from the Pizza Hut.

Despite Craig Dahl's recent contract extension, the powers that be are getting tired of him. Now that Herbie, God rest his soul, is no longer around to lobby for him, Dahl's head is near the block.

A little birdie told me that if the Huskies do not beat the Gophers, make it to the Final Five and the Regionals, he is gone. Guentzel and that other fine Minnesota assistant are the leading contenders to replace him. Of course, Dave "I'm Learning at the Feet of the Master" Hakstol should also be given consideration.

He is a heck of an assistant from my view. I can't say that I know much about Brad Berry one way or the other, although he is a friendly guy, especially to boneheads like me.

[St. Cloud @ Minnesota 5-2, 4-1, Minny...Vanek gets a shorty...on an empty net... and Minnesota fans say he deserves the Hobey for his great defensive skills. Dahl is once again pi r squared and says he feels they still have a shot at the NCAA's. When they don't, the Llama says they weren't expected to...to which St. Clown extends his contract 10 years, assuring 10 more years of swooning agony for SCCC fans.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I really like the job that that Dahl is doing at SCSU. I think 10 years would be about right.

Tech @ UND..........UND in 2

Mankato @ UMD.....UMD in 2

UAA @ UW.............UW in 2

CC @ Denver.........Denver in w

SCSU @ UM............UM in 2 games the Swoonskies loose two lopsided games.

UND in 2 - Win Sat game 28-0 just to one up MHD High. Greene doesn't fight Scott becuase Scott knocks himself out in the first period of Fri's game falling down because the fool cannot skate.

CC in 3 - DU lost their best player and CC wants revenge for getting swept

WI in 2 - AA is still AA

UMD in 2 - Kato may be the worse defensive team in the history of the game.

UM in 2 - SCSU is falling fast - note about Dahl - he did a good job with the players he had this year - problem is he did the same job with the players he had a couple of years ago.

I remember before last year, David Hale didn't seem all that tough on the ice. He was tentative and didn't seem to use his obvious size to his advantage. Then last year Hale proved he was one tough SOB and among other things whooped that Mankato guy in a fight. Matt Greene has shown no tenativeness, heck he was overly aggressive. If you don't think he can fight, just because he hasn't, you are fooling yourself.

Sioux in 2

Bulldogs in 2

Gophers in 3

Badgers in 2

Tigers in 3