SiouxSports.com Forum

Mike Prpich

Green Guy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So which guy are you referring to? From the looks of the Sioux's roster it would appear there are going to be quite a few guys with impressive skills when it comes to playing rough.

Here is the list guy in case anyone forgot, so who is this guy going to replace. We seem full on the lines right now. Let me make a prediction he maybe what we lacked last season. Roll players. Hum, seems almost like Bayda replacement in my book.

NORTH DAKOTA

Porter, Murray and Fabian are not coming until 2003.

Forwards coming in next year:

Genoway

Parise

Fylling

Prpich.

Yes, this does look badly for some of the returning forwards from last year.  Some gopher fan will have a field day.

Porter, Murray and Fabian are not coming until 2003.

Forwards coming in next year:

Genoway

Parise

Fylling

Prpich.

Yes, this does look badly for some of the returning forwards from last year.

This is not good news for some of the returning sophmores, but it seems like good news for the program, and that is more important in the end.  With the addition of Prpich, there are something like 5 "extra" forwards for next season.  

If I had to guess, the players on the "danger bubble" would be:

Both Connelly Brothers

Palmiscno

Faul

These guys will have to compete hard to get any ice time.  If Blais has plans to play Prpich regularly, that means there is yet another forward who may drop off the expected roster of guys who dress for games.

Who would that be?

I think Blais will maintain his "you earn your place in this team" philosophy.  Nobody, I mean nobody, including Parise, is getting a free ride.  You work hard and contribute to play on his teams.  Anybody who starts/plays will have earned their place on the team.  Anybody who sits, or is cut/leaves, is part of the same equation.  Blais' job is to build a winning team, on and off the ice, and I really could care less who whines about him trimming the roster, as every winning coach does it to some degree.  Harsh perhaps, but life isn't very easy either.  

I remember Blais sitting the likes of Wilson, Blake, etc., and I trust him to keep and play the best players regardless of what "Sunday morning goalies" think.

Couldn't agree more with the last post.  At UND, Blais has brought the program back into national elite status.  He didn't get there by being meek.  He brings in players he hopes will be both great on the ice and in the classroom.  Sometimes, the recruits can't bring their game to the level UND needs and they leave or are cut to make room for another kid who wants a chance to play for an elite team.

I really like the look of this coming season's roster.  Blais has quietly brought in a list of super solid looking freshmen.  Not the flashiest defensemen, but rather big, tough kids who are going to make Mazurak and Schneekloth look like "little guys."  If I'm not mistaken, the lightest defensemen now on the roster (Besides Lienweber) is Fuher at about 190?

Also, the forward recruits are talented, team captain, hard-working types.  The large group of sophmores should have much more success this season than they did as freshmen.  Put it all together and I think you are looking at a team that will win 25+ games, especially with the non-conference schedule they have.

Random thoughts:

How's Brian Canady's knee? He hurt it in the playoffs in Minneapolis. Tim Hennessy mentioned on the radio during the Saturday game that injury may (key word: may) cost him the 2002-2003 season. Anyone heard anything new?

Someone clued me in on this comparison:

Name (League) Gm G A Pts PIM Pts/Gm PIM/Gm

Mike Prpich (BCHL) 57 33 24 57 239 1.00 4.19

Jim Archibald (WCHA) 154 75 69 144 540 0.94 3.51

And in closing: "Skate or sit."

And in closing: "Skate or sit."

Ii like it. That is just like the saying that one of my bosses said your raise start when you do. UND is definately not entitlement hockey, your either good enough or your going to be in the stands. I am sure Canady will be back like Wooger said Canady is one tough SOB. I love that guys style, I don't care if some think he is a goon Taffe and Demarchi aren't a bunch of Choir Boys... :D  :(  :0

I can handle tough guys, but I don't like guys who swing the stick like a weapon.  That's my only issue with Canady.  If Prpich comes in a plays a physical game, that is great.  But if he is using that stick as a weapon I won't like him.  That's just me.

That's a lot of penalty minutes per game.  A guy can balance out his contributions by too many short handed minutes.

BTW, how did Prpich get 9 short handed goals when he is in the box all the time?   :(

Don't get me wrong.  Any time we can get a guy who had strong offensive numbers, is voted one of his league's 2 MVP's and is the team Captain, I'm all for adding him to our roster.

I'll say this.  If Canady does play next year I bet we have one of our highest penatly minute seasons in a long time.  

:D

Interesting discussion here:

http://www.network54.com/Hide....6059435

And another post:

http://www.network54.com/Hide....6401829

More than a goalscorer... March 15 2002, 11:40 PM  

Pirpch deserved that MVP more than anyone...You may think Ebbett deserved it,but is Ebbett an All around player Like Pirpch???NO!!Pirpch scored the Panthers most timely goals,he also had 200++ PIM's to go with that...He is a Supreme leader,one of the toughest middle weights in the league,a goalscorer,big hitter,grinds it up in the corners,fights when necesary and is just an all around good player...Cant beat that....No other player in the Interior offers more than him..."

Too bad about Faul, but he didn't really produce and I expect one or two others won't be playing this season.  I wish him the best though.

Welcome to our "neighborhood" SockeyeSioux ... we'll try to behave ourselves when you're around, being a mom and all.  :D

Those smiley faces pop up at the end of your post when you select them, kinda maddening sometimes.

Great to see some new Canadian grit coming. If he can make the goph fans yap, I like him already.

:D Thanks guys...  Don't worry about behaving yourselves.  We Hockey Mom's have learned how to  "toughen our skin" through the years.  :(  I've been reading this forum since it's onset.  Everyone's got an opinion...  including me... and FOR SURE we don't agree on everything.   :0  

Now, how do I use that "quote" ?  Thanks for your help.