SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BADgers

AZSIOUX

I get what you are saying but I absolutely hate the term "trap game". In fact they did a study on it disproving the theory there was such a thing. I see no letdown from last weekends sweep vs CC as we didnt even play that well Saturday, and I dont think they are looking ahead to Miami at this point. Perhaps we just suck and get beat but certainly not a trap of any sorts. Sorry for the rant just hate the term and its so called definition.

Trap game.

• Upvote 2

I get what you are saying but I absolutely hate the term "trap game". In fact they did a study on it disproving the theory there was such a thing. I see no letdown from last weekends sweep vs CC as we didnt even play that well Saturday, and I dont think they are looking ahead to Miami at this point. Perhaps we just suck and get beat but certainly not a trap of any sorts. Sorry for the rant just hate the term and its so called definition.

who did what kind of study on what?  The neutral zone trap? The left wing lock forecheck?  I know these forechecking schemes exist...

who did what kind of study on what?  The neutral zone trap? The left wing lock forecheck?  I know these forechecking schemes exist...

the op wasn't referring to the term "trap" as far as a hockey strategy but rather the fact we were playing a bad team and we could overlook them.

There was no trap, we just played like crap.

It was a trap for the reason they came off a long road trip and were undefeated, all the while being told how bad Wisconsin is, which leads them to believe with home ice they shouldn't have a problem.  Sounds like a definition of a "trap" to me.  Yeah, it all comes down to effort, but that is what they mean by trap, not being fully into a game because of circumstances leading up to or after that game.  Glad you could make money betting against the Sioux, but it makes me believe you don't believe your own opinions.

• Upvote 2

the op wasn't referring to the term "trap" as far as a hockey strategy but rather the fact we were playing a bad team and we could overlook them.

Sometimes good teams lose to bad teams, it happens. This is kinda what I meant, normally it doesn't happen though, and if it does it was not because of some sort of trap. https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/debunking-the-trap-game-and-letdown-game-myths/

Man we sure missed Drake last night though, Him being out kind of altered every single line and really changed things IMO, 5-1 Sioux tonight

Sometimes good teams lose to bad teams, it happens. This is kinda what I meant, normally it doesn't happen though, and if it does it was not because of some sort of trap. https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/debunking-the-trap-game-and-letdown-game-myths/

Man we sure missed Drake last night though, Him being out kind of altered every single line and really changed things IMO, 5-1 Sioux tonight

One of the reasons I am somewhat distrustful of scientists is that they truly believe you can quantify things that are inherently qualitative in nature. The "trap game" phenomenon is a very qualitative thing and is very hard to measure.

• Upvote 1