2004: 9/18

2005: 9/3, 9/10, 9/17

2006: 9/2, 9/9, 9/16, 9/23 & 10/14

Currently looking for Division II opponents only, will guarantee

Winona State University

Open Dates

2004: 9/18 Home Game

DII Opponent (Guarantee available)

You're looking...we're looking. :) Think of it this way, at least we're an in-region, and a relatively decent team (after all, we were 1:52 from taking you in the playoffs).

So UND holds a press conference announcing their 04 schedule.... and less than a week later advertises for an additional game :lol:

I think 99% of the reason that there even was a press conference was to field all the "why isn't NDSU on your schedule" questions at once. Some people seem to have misconstrued the reason there even was a press conference as if it was to tell the world "heh, look how great our schedule is." True, it's a very good schedule, but if it weren't for the whole NDSU issue, it would have simply been announced via a press release like every other year. If an 11th game is added, great, but I don't think they wanted to delay the inevitable any longer, i.e. to confirm that NDSU would not be on the schedule.

I think we should go to Winona. Is it only 3 road games that we have? A team is going to have to win on the road at some point to get to the national title. The only bad thing with this game is that it's early in the season.

Does Winona play on turf or grass?

A team is going to have to win on the road at some point to get to the national title.

UND has went to the NC game twice without playing a road playoff game... also UND has never won a road playoff game... considering UND's record in the Alerus... if I were a UND fan (thank goodness I am not :lol: ) I would want to play as few road games as possible in an effort to secure homefield

UND has went to the NC game twice without playing a road playoff game... also UND has never won a road playoff game... considering UND's record in the Alerus... if I were a UND fan (thank goodness I am not :lol: ) I would want to play as few road games as possible in an effort to secure homefield

Yes, but the National title is played on grass and it always seems to be crappy weather. I guess I should have said that instead of getting to the big game.

whoa, did I miss something? Is the Metrodome not getting the fieldturf in March?

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The company that the Metro Sports Facilities Commission (the people who run the 'dome) had contracted with, SRI Sports, recently filled for bankruptcy. It's unclear at this point if SRI will still finish the job, or they will contract with someone else.

SRI is the company that made AstroPlay, maybe taken to court to pay the 150,000 dollar difference between AstroPlay's bid, and FieldTurf's bid.

Here are a few good links on the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportsbusin...tory?id=1737305

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/4376474.html

The installation was scheduled to start on March 15th, and be ready by the Twins home opener on April 5th. From the Star-Trib article, a FieldTurf executive said that they could step in, but 'time is of the essence'.

*Ah man, I'm so tempted to spout off here about GVSU winning the "Road Trip from Hell" but i just can't bring myself to do it here.*

Anyways, I wouldn't feel too cocky about my team chances in the playoffs if they didn't at least win one or two tough road games in the regular season. It takes a certain kind of attatude to be able to go into somebody's house, hit them right in the teeth, and walk on out of there with a win. Getting a taste of that, Ladies and Gents, is how Champions are made.

I was on the Metrodome floor during Twinsfest. The current carpet in the dome is horrible. Many people were complaining about walking on the stuff all day. Not much different than lightly padded cement. The Twins management let people drive on the field. Most years they have it covered, so I assume the field turf is still a go. They had a booth set up with a section of fieldturf. Nice product.

The press conference was mainly to set the record straight about not playing the biiissson, and explaining why to all those bison fans that are confused. And what was the big deal about a press conference, the biiissson have one every week with BIG TIME "BOHL". You know he is to good to do a pre-game interview. And one more rant I have, the "laughable game" with ferris state that some reporter talked about is probrably not so laughable. Saginaw won the great lakes conf. with Grand Valley finishing second. Ferris lost to Saginaw at Saginaw 38-31. By the way Ferris was up 24-7 at the half. So, not a bad team, not a bad schedule right "STEVE H."

• 3 weeks later...
also UND has never won a road playoff game...

I seem to remember something about a National Championship game, my Freshman year infact, in 2001 that they won in dramatic fashion. That game was most definately in Alabama. But yeah, so we win enough to get some home playoff games. For our 1 non-playoff loss last year being on the road I'd say we're pretty versatile.

*Correcting posts on my first non-hockey thread. :D

Playing bit of the Devil's advocate here, but ALABAMA in 2001 was a neutral site. Perhaps a little more pro GVSU in 2003, but still was a neutral site. Winning on the road at a neutral site is one thing, try going into somebody's house and winning a playoff game! And need I remind ya that GVSU didn't have any home playoff games this year? :D

;)