SiouxSports.com Forum

Hey UND, I see you're looking for a game on 9/18

wsuwarrior

bigmrg- they didn't just win on the road this year. with the exception of svsu they destroyed teams on the road.

Yes Dvaara, I know about that. And we all know that 36 points put up on us by Bentley was do to the F'ing PSAC refs trying their damnest to handcuff us in that game. The worst teams in the GLIAC could have handled those pussy's easily if the game was being called fairly. :(;)

Oh ok, I guess I can do that. Lets see, UND would have first degree murdered Bentley if the refs would call a fair game between them. Most of the NCC would have beaten them made them their Homecoming game. NDSU really wants Bentley to jump up to DI-AA, so that they'll have somebody else that will play them. :0;)

Is that better siouxjoy?? :(;)

Much better. :glare:

Not to sound snotty, but that was too much of a tangent you crazy GV people were on.

So what is the story behind the Frankenstein? I saw the picture (I am assuming is you) on the admin thread

P.S. Only 167 days until the Sioux Football 2004 season kickoff!!!!!!

You mean this one?? :glare:

10.jpg

Yeah, that was me, in all of my glory, sometime during the third quarter of the NC game. I did get hassled a bit for wearing the green face pain among my fellow Lakers, but only those that haven't had prior knowledge of my existance. Plus, I was using different makeup that game that was closer to the shade of green that you guys would use. Ran out of the kit that I had used for earlier games. Frankenstein all started on Halloween. I got one of those cheapo makeup kits and dressed up as the Monster for Halloween. Anyways, that was a friday night, and we had our last home game the next night. I had plenty of the makeup left, so I thought what the heck and I put it on before I headed over to the game. Everybody loved it, so I decided to continue with it. Went to Bentley, Saggy, and Alabama this way. And I have even gone a couple of the basketball games this way now, due to demands by a couple of the girls teams. :angry: *what can I say?? Ladies love the bolts.* :);)

:angry: As for my crazy Yooper friends here, I'll try to remind them to try to keep their Laker Spirit tone down a notch, let you guys get a word in edgewise. :angry:

*whispers to Yooper* :angry:

You're not suppost to use the "H" word here. Some peoples don't like it when you use that word here in the football forum. But then again, those are mostly Bison fans are they not? ;)

Ok, now back to the orginal subject. Wait, didn't you guys get that open date filled?? :glare: Ok, before the pro-GVSU tangent, the debate was how UND has never beaten another team at that team's house in the Playoffs. :angry: Ready, set, Fight! :):angry:

Ok, before the pro-GVSU tangent, the debate was how UND has never beaten another team at that team's house in the Playoffs.  :) Ready, set, Fight!  :glare:  ;)

The reason I don't think it's that big of a deal that UND hasn't won a road playoff game is because generally speaking, if you're on the road for the playoffs, you are an underdog to begin with assuming the seeds are relatively accurate. Couple that with the homefield advantage in general, which often makes a home team play better than what they otherwise would, and it's very tough to win on the road in the playoffs. I believe that at least four of UND's road losses have been to either the defending champions or the team who ended up winning the title--Pitt St., North Alabama, NW Mo. St. and Northern Colorado. While the losses were disappointing, it wasn't as though UND was losing to cupcakes, either. The one other road loss in the past 10 years was to IUP, and that was on a field that was all but unplayable due to an abundance of rain.

Obviously road teams do sometimes win, but last year's Grand Valley team is probably not the best example due to the fact that they were seeded lower than where they should have been due to the strength of schedule index not being a very accurate barometer of how good a team is. I don't think too many people really looked at Grand Valley as much of an underdog in any of their three road games.

With all that having been said, I'll be the first to admit that traditionally, UND has been far better at home than on the road, especially when it comes to playing good teams. The one exception has been UND's success in Fargo over the past decade.