SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Big Sky Conference Preseason Polls

UND-FB-FAN

http://bigskyconf.com/documents/2015/7/17//2015PreseasonPolls.pdf?id=3805

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3801195-tom-miller-und-still-search-big-sky-respect

UND picked 9th in both coaches' and media preseason polls. Honestly, although coach-speak may suggest that UND shouldn't care, this has to stop at some point in time.

Respect has to be earned. I surely hope that 2015 is the season that Bubba and his players rack up some key wins, such as home games vs Montana State and Idaho State and road games vs Montana and Cal Poly, to put UND football on the Big Sky Conference's radar. After awhile, UND players needs to get ticked off that THE University of North Dakota is being overlooked by schools such as Southern Utah and Sacramento State; I don't mean any direct disrespect to those schools, but they don't belong in the same category as UND. UND now officially has some of the top facilities in the Big Sky Conference, with the HPC and the Alerus.

UND needs to simply produce in the win and loss column, that's it. I hope respect is earned sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 2

http://bigskyconf.com/documents/2015/7/17//2015PreseasonPolls.pdf?id=3805

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3801195-tom-miller-und-still-search-big-sky-respect

UND picked 9th in both coaches' and media preseason polls. Honestly, although coach-speak may suggest that UND shouldn't care, this has to stop at some point in time.

Respect has to be earned. I surely hope that 2015 is the season that Bubba and his players rack up some key wins, such as home games vs Montana State and Idaho State and road games vs Montana and Cal Poly, to put UND football on the Big Sky Conference's radar. After awhile, UND players needs to get ticked off that THE University of North Dakota is being overlooked by schools such as Southern Utah and Sacramento State; I don't mean any direct disrespect to those schools, but they don't belong in the same category as UND. UND now officially has some of the top facilities in the Big Sky Conference, with the HPC and the Alerus.

UND needs to simply produce in the win and loss column, that's it. I hope respect is earned sooner rather than later.

Bulletin board material!!  Go out and prove them all wrong!!

Time to get some big wins against the top of the conference, get some playoff berths and make the rest of the BSC remember who we are. Like UND-FB-FN said "respect has to be earned", and Bubba started that road last year and hopefully this year we are well on the path of respect.

UND is primed for a big step forward this season, but that doesn't happen automatically; they need to actually follow through with the hype that this will be a dominant defense, and a competent (albeit not great) offense. UND doesn't rank high in pre-season polls or have anyone on preseason all conference teams, because they haven't earned it as a team yet. Our success this season is pure speculation at this point.

That being said, preseason polls are garbage and mean nothing. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like us to be at the top, but I'd prefer were were at the top of the polls at the END of the season.

Can't wait for some football!

• Upvote 1

At this point I'm sure when other teams look at us up next to play on their schedule, and think about us in general.......they are probably thinking......good defense, but no offense...all we have to do is somehow get to 20 points and we'll likely win.  That was a true statement most of last year.  I'm really hoping our offense can get on track this year and at least be decent.  It is kind of fun to be the underdog, so lets enjoy that role this year.......as hopefully it will be the last year we will be in the position to be under estimated.