SiouxSports.com Forum

Where's JAKE?

SiouxMeNow

I think back to the beginning of the season and I see a series that makes me think:

Brandt vs BC 0-1

Parise vs BC 1-0

BC is currently ranked #1 and has been #2 for most of the season.

Another thing to consider: JPar is a FRESHMAN. Freshman, if I'm not mistaken, tend to make some mistakes their first year and then come out ahead for the most part.

This time an opinion: JPar is already doing a lot better against difficult opponents than the previous player who wore #1 (After Goehring graduated, so I'm not talking about Karl here).

He's had some bad games, yes. However, I'm not going to cast him in the pile with Siembida.

And if I'm wrong, I'll happily delete this post.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think back to the beginning of the season and I see a series that makes me think:

Brandt vs BC 0-1

Parise vs BC 1-0

BC is currently ranked #1 and has been #2 for most of the season.

Another thing to consider: JPar is a FRESHMAN. Freshman, if I'm not mistaken, tend to make some mistakes their first year and then come out ahead for the most part.

This time an opinion: JPar is already doing a lot better against difficult opponents than the previous player who wore #1 (After Goehring graduated, so I'm not talking about Karl here).

He's had some bad games, yes. However, I'm not going to cast him in the pile with Siembida.

And if I'm wrong, I'll happily delete this post.

I'm not saying Parise has not been a good goalie for the Sioux......my point had to do with the post "Where's Jake"?

You say "freshman".......how far will a freshman take us into the playoffs? Maybe I'm wrong, and he'll play great! I hope so........but still can't see how you can just sit Brandt.

I'm not saying Parise has not been a good goalie for the Sioux......my point had to do with the post "Where's Jake"?

You say "freshman".......how far will a freshman take us into the playoffs? Maybe I'm wrong, and he'll play great! I hope so........but still can't see how you can just sit Brandt.

Wasn't Scweitzer a Freshman in 97?

The ? I ask my self is why is CB give JPar more chances to become the #1 goalie than JB. JB should get a start every weekend, that I think we can all agree on. Ziggy, has never been given a chance to be in the mix. DB wants JPar to be the #1 goalie.If that what DB want he will give any excuse to us on why he is sitting JB and Ziggy. I can take all bets if Ziggy was given a chance to make it , his # would be the same as JPar. You can defend JPar all you want on why he should be starting, but the bottom line is this a PRAISE SHOW!!!!!!!

I'm not sure why this thread has gotten off topic. The question is where is Jake. Almost every bad goalie would know when they are going to get the next start, and it doesn't seem like anyone has a clue when Jake (a good goalie) will get the next start. Most good goalie would also get into a game after J Par's bad games.

If we are going to stay off topic, then I have more important questions. Where is the atmosphere at REA? Where is Brandon? Where is CB's great coaching skills?

The ? I ask my self is why is CB give JPar more chances to become the #1 goalie than JB. JB should get a start every weekend, that I think we can all agree on. Ziggy, has never been given a chance to be in the mix. DB wants JPar to be the #1 goalie.If that what DB want he will give any excuse to us on why he is sitting JB and Ziggy. I can take all bets if Ziggy was given a chance to make it , his # would be the same as JPar. You can defend JPar all you want on why he should be starting, but the bottom line is this a PRAISE SHOW!!!!!!!

Please.

"If that what DB want he will give any excuse to us on why he is sitting JB and Ziggy."

Like Blais really cares what a bunch of internet dweebs think of his coaching decisions. He'll play the players that give the team the best chance to win and that earn it in practice. It's called skate or sit.

"I can take all bets if Ziggy was given a chance to make it , his # would be the same as JPar."

And I can take all bets that if I had wings I could fly. There's just no way to know this. I do know that both Brandt and Parise have so far put up solid seasons.

"You can defend JPar all you want on why he should be starting, but the bottom line is this a PRAISE SHOW!!!!!!!"

Did you read my earlier posts, you know, the ones with data and discussions of specific games and saves? Would you mind presenting an argument as to why Brandt should be starting? As I said, I can't come up with a reason to start one over the other, and if they're that close, I'm comfortable deferring to the coach's judgment.

I would hope that he is in the same league in that they were both goaltenders on national championship teams even though Casey was not the winning goalie in the '82 national championship game.

As for this season, I don't give a damn who is in net as long as they stop the puck and backstop the team to Boston. I would think that is the hope of almost everybody that reads this board.

Are you saying Parise is in Casey, and Belfour's league?

I'm not saying anything, CB makes the decisions, and none of us are in any position to question the decisions. I'm sure the goalie CB feels gives the Sioux the best chance to win will be playing.

I'm sorry but Parise is nowhere close to the talent on the previous list of successful Freshman UND goaltenders. In fact, if Zach turns pro at the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordan out of the mix next year. Brandt, Lamoureux, Ziegelmann.......

I don't see it happening that way. To suggest that JPar is here only because he is the brother of Zach is rediculous. JPar has shown he belongs in the mix and I feel he has played better than Brandt this season.

DB will not give up on JPar as long as he is able to keep getting the SSM kids

I heard that JP Parise only asked that JPar get a chance to make the team, and I think that Blaiser has done this, and JPar has performed well. For some to suggest that JPar is only there because of Zach is a flimsy argument.

I think that JPar will be at UND because he has proved himself to be a decent goalie and has the talent to compet at this level. Let the SSM boys keep coming I have enjoyed watching them play this season.

I'm really getting tired of the attitude that Zach is running this team. This is DEAN BLAIS' TEAM, always has been, always will be. To even suggest that CB would listen to a 18 year-old kid on how to coach a NC caliber team is obsurd. It doesn't matter how good Zach is, if Jordan was not good enough to play here, he would not be playing here...end of discussion.

When Blais says that JPar has been playing better than Brandt in practice, I believe him. I don't see practice and neither do any of you. Blais knows what he is doing and has 2 rings to prove it.

I've never liked the way Blais has made decisions regarding goalies since we lost Karl, but that was a no brainer. I have always thought Blais was an idiot when it came to coaching goalies, but I never wanted to say anything because in this town saying anything negative about Blais is blasphemy. Nothing proved this more than his comments after the Friday Wisconsin game and pulling Brandt against Yale.

Brandt is the better goalie this year and has not been given the same number of chances to take the #1 spot as Parise. I do think Parise is an exceptional goalie, especially when you remember he is just a freshman. This year Brandt has the skill and talent to be #1, but whether he has the confidence to be the #1 after things said and done by Blais is something we will have to wait on. Pulling a goalie and robbing him of an almost guaranteed shutout (Sioux vs. Yale) and saying he "botched it" against Wisconsin aren't great ways to instill confidence in your supposed #1 goalie.

I don't think Jordan is playing because of Zach, Jordan has proven he deserves a back up spot. However, Blais continues to say that Jake is #1, but then gives Jordan more starts. The bad practice and wanting to give Parise some play time to keep him fresh are not acceptable excuses anymore.

My own opinion is that Ziggy is a third string to be used as a last resort, he

Anybody who thinks Blais would bring in a goalie and use scholarship $$$, especially after the past couple of seasons, to appease one member of his team, or to maintain a "pipeline", is a complete idiot. This is a guy who has benched guys now starting in the NHL, e.g., Wilson, Blake, etc., for not playing well. You play well, or you don't play at all.

Brandt had the goalie job all to himself coming into the season and, for whatever reasons, has not played well enough to be "the man". As for the rest of the team, if they can't play with the same high level of play in front of one guy or the other, then perhaps they should start wearing ties and sitting in the stands. As it stands, I'd bet $20 that regardless of what ZParise does after this season, JParise will be playing at REA next season, and Brandt won't. :lol:

Brandt had the goalie job all to himself coming into the season and, for whatever reasons, has not played well enough to be "the man".

When Brandt went the four games with a shutout, CB couldn't wait to start a different goalie after the first game Brandt let in some goals. I don't understand why Brandt wouldn't be here next year. :lol:

When Brandt went the four games with a shutout, CB couldn't wait to start a different goalie after the first game Brandt let in some goals. I don't understand why Brandt wouldn't be here next year. :lol:

CB was also still deciding on a number 1 goalie. But, didn't want to mess with Brandt's hot streak.

I'll agree that Blais doesn't know how to handle goalies...but he still knows when one is playing well and one isn't. If one is playing well in practice, it will give him more confidence in him to play well during the game, why can't people understand this simple fact.

Oh, and Brandt will be here next year.

Brandt will be here next season and barring some major screw up so will Parise...if anyone's future at UND is in jeopardy it is Ziggy.

Brandt played well against Gophers on Friday, but Blais started Parise on Saturday, not exactly playing the "hot" goalie. As for his shutout streak...that should have been enough to let Blais know who his #1 goalie was...I will admitt that the streak did not involve a whole lot of saves, but Parise and Ziggy didn't face a lot of shots at the time either.

Hopefully the "Brandt isn't good enough" sentiment from some people fuels Brandt like the "he's too small" sentiment fueled Karl, although I don't expect the same numbers I do expect solid play from Brandt.

Keep up the great work Jake! :lol:

Brandt had the goalie job all to himself coming into the season and, for whatever reasons, has not played well enough to be "the man".

Did he really have the #1 job to begin with? If I'm not mistaken, Parise got the nod against UMD to begin the year and I'm sure Blais knew that UMD would be good this year.