SiouxSports.com Forum

Dogs and Gophers

dagies

Dogs spanking MN 6-1. Wow. Woog is at a loss to talk about who played well.

SIOUX SCORES MATT JONES 5-2 SIOUX!!!!!

Anyway...Back to UMD/UM.

I like the big scrum in the first period. Everybody's going and big tough Taylor comes in and hits anyone he can find from behind. Little TJ Caig wrestles him and literally undresses him before the refs finally seperate them.

Then in the 3rd Taylor and Caig end up in the boards and Taylor starts swinging. I guess he likes picking on guys his own size (think his scrum with Murray a few weeks ago).

Dogs played extremely well, and controlled play in the Gophers end most of the game. I am anxious about tomorrow night, as I remember what happened after we blew Kato out last Frday. Reich played very well and shut the Gophs down on the few chances they did have.

This will be an interesting challenge for the coaches. Lucia has been a motivational master after games like this in the last few years. Sandelin will need to get his guys ready to play a game with another team on the ice, because there didn't seem to be one there tonight.

I'm sure I'll be hating them soon enough, but I am happy for the Dogs' success. If we don't get #8, they would be just about the next team I would like to see win it all.

Every time I turned to FSNN, MaCrappo was talking about how tough it is for an Olympic ice team to transition to a smaller ice sheet. Oh boo hoo. Thank goodness Woog said the right thing about it being tougher to move to a bigger ice sheet.

He was also whining about how the PP is tougher to work on a small rink (less space) yet UMD was 3/6, and has the 2nd best PP in the Nation.

I would agree with that statement. Unfortunately for the Gophers, they rack up a lot of points on the PP and the smaller ice clogs things up. I guess UMD's PP must be great.

Wow is all I can say. I expected a split coming into the weekend, now I'll be thrilled if the Gophers manage a point.

I feel much better now that UMD is guaranteed a sweep. I am still nervous for tomorrow, as I am sure the Gophs be pissed after tonight, and Lucia will certianly ter them a new one in the dressing room.

I would LOVE to see the Gophs in the play-in game!! Then playing a rested Sioux or UMD team Thursday night!!

That would be IF they win the play in game. No team has ever won the Final Five having to play the play-in game. Tough order. Still lots of season left though.

That would be IF they win the play in game. No team has ever won the Final Five having to play the play-in game. Tough order. Still lots of season left though.

IF they win their first round series, even. They would most likely play a hungry team like AA, CC or DU. Not a guaranteed win the way the Gophs are playing lately.

DW must have been getting bored with the Gophs undressing. He spent 5 minutes of the third, with play going on, discussing what the SIOUX are lacking, same old material, no offensive dman and maybe questionable goaltending. Here's some new material for DW when they're playing someone else: What the Gophs lack-defensive dmen and maybe goaltending :D

Here's some new material for DW when they're playing someone else: What the Gophs lack-defensive dmen and maybe goaltending :D

Yeah, maybe the Goofers need to worry about playing defense a little more... The ironic thing is... they did pretty good defensively against UND a couple weeks ago.

But I would love to hear someone say that to that smug smart a$$ Woog, that's for sure.

Just watched the tape of UMD vs. UMN. No question the dogs were hungrier than the gophers, or should I say loafers. It's fun to watch teams like UND and UMD that never take a shift off. That series will be unbelievable. Both those teams have earned the top of the standings with among other things, consistent effort.

Tonight's game will be a huge "attitude" game for the loafers. They need to beat UMD just like they needed to beat UND in the Saturday game at Mariucci. It won't be easy at the DECC against a charged-up team that loves to beat big-brother. Although the Goph's always seem to play best with their backs against the wall. :p

BIG GAME TONIGHT!

Hats off to UMD, you thouroughly earned the W last night. :D