SiouxSports.com Forum

Two Deep Speculation

geaux_sioux

This is a big one with alot of speculation and a some position changes that probably won't happen I'm just throwing in my own two cents.

QB- 1. Mollberg 2. Bartels

RB- 1. Arrington 2. Oliviera

FB- 1. Iverson 2. Adler

WR- 1. Walker 2. Dulin

WR- 1. Siebel 2. Santiago Siebel was outstanding at the end of last season

TE- 1. Ruhe 2. Adler/Nordby You'll see all three of these guys

RT- 1. Camy 2. Taylor not sure on where Taylor might fall position wise

LT- 1. Stockwell 2. Bell

C- 1. Francis 2. Boas

RG- 1. Anderson 2. Hellman

LG- 1. Miller 2. Meehan I think Meehan might move inside

Defense

RDE- 1. Dranka 2. Hinojosa Hinojosa moves outside

NG- 1.Woodsmall 2. Tank Harris

LDE- 1.Carrothers 2. Greely

OLB 1. Labatt 2. Harmston

OLB 1. Idowu 2.Disterhaupt

SILB 1. Rattelle 2. Norberg/Bakker 

WILB 1. Rich 2. Hartley

SS 1.Arnell 2. Awarri Smith

FS 1. Reyes 2. Blackmon

CB 1. Carter 2. Jeremy Webb

CB 1. Brown 2. Harris

This is a big one with alot of speculation and a some position changes that probably won't happen I'm just throwing in my own two cents.

QB- 1. Mollberg 2. Bartels

RB- 1. Arrington 2. Oliviera

FB- 1. Iverson 2. Adler

WR- 1. Walker 2. Dulin

WR- 1. Siebel 2. Santiago Siebel was outstanding at the end of last season

TE- 1. Ruhe 2. Adler/Nordby You'll see all three of these guys

RT- 1. Camy 2. Taylor not sure on where Taylor might fall position wise

LT- 1. Stockwell 2. Bell

C- 1. Francis 2. Boas

RG- 1. Anderson 2. Hellman

LG- 1. Miller 2. Meehan I think Meehan might move inside

Defense

RDE- 1. Dranka 2. Hinojosa Hinojosa moves outside

NG- 1.Woodsmall 2. Tank Harris

LDE- 1.Carrothers 2. Greely

OLB 1. Labatt 2. Harmston

OLB 1. Idowu 2.Disterhaupt

SILB 1. Rattelle 2. Norberg/Bakker 

WILB 1. Rich 2. Hartley

SS 1.Arnell 2. Awarri Smith

FS 1. Reyes 2. Blackmon

CB 1. Carter 2. Jeremy Webb

CB 1. Brown 2. Harris

A brave start, listing all positions.  These are my edits

QB - 1. Studsrud 2. Molberg   (Bartels transfers)

WR - Don't Sleep on Reed and Georges

SS - 1. Johnson 2. (Arnell,Smith, Sweed,Blackmon fight for #2 and nickel back)

FS - 1. Reyes  (see above)

CB 1. Harris 2.Brown

CB 1. Carter 2. (battle between Webb, Hilton, Flowers)

A brave start, listing all positions. These are my edits

QB - 1. Studsrud 2. Molberg (Bartels transfers)

FS - 1. Reyes (see above)

CB 1. Harris 2.Brown

I thought about both Reed and Georges, totally forgot about Johnson, actually had Harris before Brown then switched and can really see any of those guys competing for 2 spots. I just didn't see it from Studsrud. Although I've yet to see him live so who knows.

A brave start, listing all positions.  These are my edits

QB - 1. Studsrud 2. Molberg   (Bartels transfers)

FS - 1. Reyes  (see above)

CB 1. Harris 2.Brown

If Studsrud is our starting QB we are absolutely screwed, he looked awful last year and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Hopefully he improves a ton this spring. Running back also is quite scary as there is no one proven on our roster. I guess the offense as a whole is a big question mark, our defense better be ready to ball.

If Studsrud is our starting QB we are absolutely screwed, he looked awful last year and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Hopefully he improves a ton this spring. Running back also is quite scary as there is no one proven on our roster. I guess the offense as a whole is a big question mark, our defense better be ready to ball.

I disagree on Studsrud. He sucked right away, and should have given the situation. Like I said we'll have a better idea what he's got going forward after spring ball. He's only in his first winter strength and condition season. He'll be bigger faster and stronger for spring ball than he was last fall.

I disagree on Studsrud. He sucked right away, and should have given the situation. Like I said we'll have a better idea what he's got going forward after spring ball. He's only in his first winter strength and condition season. He'll be bigger faster and stronger for spring ball than he was last fall.

Honestly, I am mostly concerned about accuracy. The amount of wide open receivers he missed was pretty ridiculous and that needs to be corrected or nothing else will matter. There really isn't 1 position on the offensive side of the ball that I am confident with. We have unproven quarterbacks, unproven running backs, unproven wide receivers, an ok offensive line and unproven TE's. Rudolph better pull a rabbit out of his $@%# because there is work to be done.

I'm thinking Bartels will be our starter simply because Mollberg won't be 100% by spring ball and really, Bartels was the better QB in the first place.    I agree with you on Studsrud, I don't think he's quite the boy wonder some people want him to be.   Maybe in time he'll get there, but it won't happen this year.

Honestly, I am mostly concerned about accuracy. The amount of wide open receivers he missed was pretty ridiculous and that needs to be corrected or nothing else will matter. There really isn't 1 position on the offensive side of the ball that I am confident with. We have unproven quarterbacks, unproven running backs, unproven wide receivers, an ok offensive line and unproven TE's. Rudolph better pull a rabbit out of his $@%# because there is work to be done.

Studsrud led an offense that won the last two games of the season versus Northern Arizona and Northern Colorado. Now yes, both of those games featured Jer Garman running wild, but the offensive line returns and I truthfully believe Arrington and Olivera can at the least match what Garman did. No reason the offense shouldn't at least be marginally better given the improvements/time to the gel for the offensive line. QBs/RBs/WRs all are quite useless if the offensive line can't produce.

Studsrud led an offense that won the last two games of the season versus Northern Arizona and Northern Colorado. Now yes, both of those games featured Jer Garman running wild, but the offensive line returns and I truthfully believe Arrington and Olivera can at the least match what Garman did. No reason the offense shouldn't at least be marginally better given the improvements/time to the gel for the offensive line. QBs/RBs/WRs all are quite useless if the offensive line can't produce.

Lets make 1 thing clear here.....Studsrud didn't lead anything, he was simply along for the ride, Garman Led the offense in those two games. I guess I have never understood the thought process that because he is mobile and young he will be a stud, especially when game film reveals the exact opposite.

I really don't know anything about either running back, so much like my drives on a golf course I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Santiago is more similar to Jer. Higher top end speed though. Olivera and Arrington should give us what we didn't have last season. A dependable 3 yards if we need it.

Lets make 1 thing clear here.....Studsrud didn't lead anything, he was simply along for the ride, Garman Led the offense in those two games. I guess I have never understood the thought process that because he is mobile and young he will be a stud, especially when game film reveals the exact opposite.

I really don't know anything about either running back, so much like my drives on a golf course I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I guess by lead I meant he was the starting signal caller during those games. Also, Jer did do some good things those last two games, but so did the offensive line. Let's not forget about the main unit that makes a running game go.

They're too big to wiggle through some of the holes Jer squeezed through. That TD run against NAU is a good example. They can have similar success but in a different way.

5'9" 170 lbs. backs are not the prototypical player at that position if you look at successful running games around the country. "Wiggle" is not the preferred characteristic. I commend Garman for what he accomplished last season, but his lack of physicality deprived the offense of something. Guys like Arrington or Olivera can hopefully bring an all-around back type to the offense (a player that can both hit the home run and get tough yards inside).

Studsrud was on the scout team the week before he started.......what did you expect as a true freshman?

Our 1-2-3 punch, Arrignton, Oleviera, Santiago will be better than what we had last year, guaranteed.

O-line will be better and to be frank, the WR production and drops couldn't be any worse than last year.

I am a little more optimistic than you I guess.

Thought I heard the coaches were putting Norberg at FB?

First I have heard of it, but I really do like it. A big sign that Bubba is 100% in on the old power I run game

If the RB situation is stable, this has been talked about. If we have an injury or 2, Norberg could tally some carries. I would like to see him at FB, getting the surprise carry once or twice a game for 10 yards a pop.

Studsrud was on the scout team the week before he started.......what did you expect as a true freshman?

Our 1-2-3 punch, Arrignton, Oleviera, Santiago will be better than what we had last year, guaranteed.

O-line will be better and to be frank, the WR production and drops couldn't be any worse than last year.

I am a little more optimistic than you I guess.

I want to be optimistic but there is just so much damn uncertainty every where. I can't remember the last time there were so many question marks on one side of the ball. If only we had the old fortune 500 offense with dressler and this defense....