SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

Should be a great weekend of hockey as both coaches are fighting for their jobs early on in the season - Mike Eaves' group stands at 0-4 while Hakstol's team sports an equally disappointing 5-1-1 mark. Anything less than a sweep by either team could result in a head coach being fired on Monday morning or at the very least, their fan website crashing. Drop the puck!

That would be un-exceptable! :D

• Upvote 2

Should be a great weekend of hockey as both coaches are fighting for their jobs early on in the season - Mike Eaves' group stands at 0-4 while Hakstol's team sports an equally disappointing 5-1-1 mark. Anything less than a sweep by either team could result in a head coach being fired on Monday morning or at the very least, their fan website crashing. Drop the puck!

I like this post.

Hak doesn't just need the sweep, this is a two game total goals series like back in the 80s.  If UND doesn't come up with at least a 10 goal differential, I say he won't even make the charter flight back to GF.  Hopefully he has some old buddies in Wisconsin from his minor league days that have a couch for him.

Great quote from Mike Eaves:

“I think going up and playing in North Dakota is a highlight of a college career just because of the atmosphere there and the small rink is right on top of you,” Eaves said. “If you can play in that atmosphere, you can play in a national championship game.”

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/mens-hockey-badgers-play-und-after-20-day-layoff

Ha Ha! That's classic!

If UND doesn't win each game by at least 6 goals, I think the boys intensity and lack of focus needs to be seriously questioned and Hak needs to go!

Why don't you think he's got that kind of upside other than not being a first rounder? He's got good size and seems to have an awesome feel for the game. His last goal was the best play by a UND defenseman that I've seen in years. He may not have extreme upside but I thinks he's still just scratching the surface.

I don't disagree, I'm simply going off his scouting reports from coming into this year when I'm talking about his upside. I love this kid. Hopefully we found a special, special player.

My fond memory of the Kohl Center was attending a UND series there, oh say, in 08 or 09-I can't remember the exact year-but UND winning the game to clinch the McNaughton Cup.

My buddy's seats were in the student section and there was one UND fan whom those students just hazed unmercifully, pointing at him and yelling "A Hole! A Hole!" I decided it best to keep a low profile when UND scored and won the game! But inside, I was celebrating big time...I was glad we beat those clowns!