SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

It wouldn't make much sense for NDSU and UND to have exchanged checks in a home and home deal, would it? That's why no money changes hands in a home and home deal.

That was the point I was making to your young friend.  That was one of the differences between UND playing a game against UNI and playing a game against NDSU.  UND got a check for the game against UNI, and wouldn't have gotten a check against NDSU.  Your young friend doesn't seem to understand how the business side of the game works.

Your team's press conference after they scheduled und. You said they schedule who they want. It didn't appear they really wanted the games scheduled.

As I said before, they were surprised that UND accepted such a one-sided offer, and unprepared for a press conference. Not too surprising considering their AD and Head Coach had both recently left.

As I said before, they were surprised that UND accepted such a one-sided offer, and unprepared for a press conference. Not too surprising considering their AD and Head Coach had both recently left.

They weren't required to have a press conference to announce the games.  UND didn't.  NDSU doesn't normally have press conferences just to announce future games.  Yet they felt the need to hold a press conference and show their displeasure about the deal that they had just signed.

No words can explain arguing with you other than brick wall. Goodnight Darell.

Especially when you can't get your people and dates right. Faison became AD in April of 2008. UND was going to start its first DI year that fall. Prior to that UND had 3 AD's from 2003-2007 Thomas, Bunning and an interm AD. Understand?

They weren't required to have a press conference to announce the games.  UND didn't.  NDSU doesn't normally have press conferences just to announce future games.  Yet they felt the need to hold a press conference and show their displeasure about the deal that they had just signed.

Agreed, they were ill-prepared and should not have held a press conference.

In any case, what is your point? It seems to be that NDSU was a little disorganized after losing two of its all-time best athletic administrators in quick succession. I'm not surprised by that.

Do you mean in 2003?  What don't you understand about

UND and NDSU were at the same level in Division II.  They returned to the same level when UND finished the transition to Division I FCS.  In between those years they weren't playing on a level field.

Sorry, I deleted the post once I fully read your post and realized how stupid my post was. Not fast enough...I guess.

In any case, what is your point? It seems to be that NDSU was a little disorganized after losing two of its all-time best athletic administrators in quick succession. I'm not surprised by that.

Well my point is....

If your team is so great and untouchable, why do you feel the need to come here and defend them all night?

Because UND is playing the other Dakotas and Montana they aren't winning titles and getting their pick of the litter. BisonAlumni's words not mine.

Boy. I read back through the thread and I don't see anything like that in any of his posts.

Well my point is....

If your team is so great and untouchable, why do you feel the need to come here and defend them all night?

Exactly I thought they would be talking all night on their sight since they have a game with their "rival" for a rock.

Boy. I read back through the thread and I don't see anything like that in any of his posts.

darell1976, on 29 Oct 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Obviously you care. You are the one that says all hell is going to break lose if UND even goes "toe to toe" with NDSU including recruiting. Other schools in the recruiting footprint aren't worried and scheduled UND with no fear.

Those schools aren't winning FCS national championships and getting pick of the litter right now.

Redneksioux said that during the press conference it didn't seem like they wanted to play the games against UND that they were announcing.  You made an excuse about them being surprised by getting the deal and unprepared for the press conference.  My point was that they didn't even have to have the press conference, that it was unusual to have the press conference, so if they didn't like signing the deal they could have kept it to themselves by just not having the press conference.  Pretty simple even for a brand new administrator, and those folks are not brand new administrators.

darell1976, on 29 Oct 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Obviously you care. You are the one that says all hell is going to break lose if UND even goes "toe to toe" with NDSU including recruiting. Other schools in the recruiting footprint aren't worried and scheduled UND with no fear.

Those schools aren't winning FCS national championships and getting pick of the litter right now.

In no way does that say that NDSU won't be winning titles after this year.

It merely says that NDSU has more to lose than other schools simply because it has had more success than those schools.

Redneksioux said that during the press conference it didn't seem like they wanted to play the games against UND that they were announcing.  You made an excuse about them being surprised by getting the deal and unprepared for the press conference.  My point was that they didn't even have to have the press conference, that it was unusual to have the press conference, so if they didn't like signing the deal they could have kept it to themselves by just not having the press conference.  Pretty simple even for a brand new administrator, and those folks are not brand new administrators.

Still don't see a point. I agree, they didn't need to have a press conference. They did, so what?

Redneksioux said that during the press conference it didn't seem like they wanted to play the games against UND that they were announcing. You made an excuse about them being surprised by getting the deal and unprepared for the press conference. My point was that they didn't even have to have the press conference, that it was unusual to have the press conference, so if they didn't like signing the deal they could have kept it to themselves by just not having the press conference. Pretty simple even for a brand new administrator, and those folks are not brand new administrators.

Wait hold the phones. You are saying the NDSU administrators didn't seem like they wanted to play UND? Maybe, just maybe, is because the fan base of NDSU DID NOT WANT THE GAME, and they knew they would catch hell for scheduling this?

No I gotta be wrong on this. Darell says the majority of NDSU fans wanted the game so that must be true. He has a much better understanding of NDSU fan base feeling on this than those who happen to be a teammaker.

You would have thought if the majority of NDSU fan base wanted that game, the interim AD at NDSU at the press conference would have been thrilled to announce the deal and wouldn't have sat there looking like Magic Johnson did announcing he had contacted the deadly illness of AIDS.

Wait hold the phones. You are saying the NDSU administrators didn't seem like they wanted to play UND? Maybe, just maybe, is because the fan base of NDSU DID NOT WANT THE GAME, and they knew they would catch hell for scheduling this?

No I gotta be wrong on this. Darell says the majority of NDSU fans wanted the game so that must be true. He has a much better understanding of NDSU fan base feeling on this than those who happen to be a teammaker.

You would have thought if the majority of NDSU fan base wanted that game, interim AD at NDSU at the press conference would have been thrilled to announce the deal and wouldn't have sat there looking like Magic Johnson did announcing he had contacted the deadly illness of AIDS.

Administrators do things even if fans don't like, see 2003 when NDSU moved up and UND stayed. I am sure our fan base didn't like RT's decision. I know I didn't.

You would have thought if the majority of NDSU fan base wanted that game, the interim AD at NDSU at the press conference would have been thrilled to announce the deal and wouldn't have sat there looking like Magic Johnson did announcing he had contacted the deadly illness of AIDS.

You really don't think NDSU fans want to play their biggist rival in football? Honestly?

You know outside of this board I have not heard any NDSU fan not say they want to play UND. Many of the current students that I know say they do. If NDSU wasn't as dominate over the last few years, UND would still want to play NDSU, it only makes sense once both are out of transition they should play. 

Just know that NDSU trolls have to come on here and try to defend their program and say its not important to them, but never leave the thread is proof that Rivalry against no matter who it is can be a scary situation. It the same situation with Minnesota in Hockey, Minnesota said that UND wasn't important to be on their schedule every year, and went out of their way to make sure to not get them as a OOC every year. Then the Frozen Four matchup happened last year and it was again a huge deal to them.