SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Pairwise literally means nothing until late March. It's designed to fluctuate until the final weekend. A team can go from 16 to 1 from January to March... Not because they moved up but because the Pairwise formula was finally complete.

Very true, but just because wins and losses aren't reflected accurately early in the process doesn't mean that they aren't important when that tally becomes more precise.  

I used to laugh at blogs that would start doing the bracketology post in November, December and January. The PWR is very volatile.

Bracketology is stupid to me and just used to keep uscho writers busy and get people clicking on their site.

However, when you look at the PWR and the projections provided by Jim Dahl it gives a great insight into what the team needs to do in order to find themselves in the hunt for #8.

It is fun to watch the PWR, even if it is pretty meaningless early on.  Cheap entertainment.

Oh I agree, I just think it's silly to do bracketology every week... I am sure most teams that have aspirations of making the NCAA tourney have someone watching the PWR for them.

Aaahhhh...meaningless, cheap entertainment. Takes me back to the golden days of yore in oh-five, the Frozen Four in Columbus and The Platinum Fox...

Most people remember the hockey.  Some don't remember anything.  And others.............they use their imagination.  :)