SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Bruins beat Lightning in the skills competition to take the extra point. Bergeron and Marchand with shoot out goals.

Couple of quotes that myself, MM and others will like.  Maybe he'll turn into a Bruins fan after reading these?!?!?! :p

Boston and Tampa Bay got a rare glimpse at what might be the future of overtime hockey.  Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand scored shootout goals to lift the host Bruins to a 3-2 victory over the Lightning on Thursday night.  The NHL is considering 3-on-3 hockey as an alternative to the shootout, and the AHL is already testing that out.

"I'd prefer 4-on-4 or 3-on-3 versus a shootout," Bruins forward Chris Kelly said. "The shootout turns a team game into an individual game, but we are in the business of entertaining fans."

"The 3-on-3 made me a little nervous," Marchand said. "There was so much room I didn't know what to do with it. But I would take 3-on-3 over the shootout."

"I always believe that this is a team sport and should be decided by a team," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "If the fans like it that much and they keep it in then I have no issues. But if you ask me my personal opinion, I'd like to see it decided in a way that it's more than just one player against a goaltender.  "Whether its four-on-four or three-on-three, it's still a group."

"...we are in the business of entertaining fans."

"If the fans like it that much and they keep it then I have no issues."

The "fans" also go absolutely nuts when a fight breaks out, too, but we're trying to eliminate that from the game, right?

I have a great idea, since this is about the "fans"...how about lowering the price of replica and authentic jerseys? I think most fans would rally around that.

Can anyone else imagine the great 6 or 7 OT Big East game between UConn and Syracuse going to 4 on 4, 3 on 3, or free-throw shooting to decide the outcome? Does the MLB pull 3 position players off the field after 12 innings of play?

These gimmicks in the NHL can stop anytime now.

• Upvote 2

"...we are in the business of entertaining fans."

"If the fans like it that much and they keep it then I have no issues."

The "fans" also go absolutely nuts when a fight breaks out, too, but we're trying to eliminate that from the game, right?

I have a great idea, since this is about the "fans"...how about lowering the price of TICKETS replica and authentic jerseys? I think most fans would rally around that.

FYP ;)

The way this season has gone for the Bruins, you should consider yourself fortunate if you even get a chance to see them play at all in the first round. I'm not saying that I don't think they'll make it, but you know as well as I do they're currently hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

Hey Genius, Boston only have to go something like 5-7-3 to make the Stanley Cup playoffs. You might want to read the standing once in a while.

Is it unusual for a NHL team to have their AHL team in the same city ?

Blues AHL team is in Chicago, Toronto's AHL team is in Toronto, Sharks AHL team will be playing in San Jose, and Kings AHL will be playing in the Los Angeles area (Ontario). 

The Avs AHL has yet to move and they could end up in Denver, Colorado Springs, and Salt Lake City. 

Vancouver has yet to move their AHL team.  

The way this season has gone for the Bruins, you should consider yourself fortunate if you even get a chance to see them play at all in the first round. I'm not saying that I don't think they'll make it, but you know as well as I do they're currently hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

Sorry to break the news to you, but the Bruins may very well be one of the teams in the East that nobody will want to face come playoff time.  Granted, any team could lose out 1st round and there are no guarantees, but the Bruins just may be another 8 seed that does major damage in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to break the news to you, but the Bruins may very well be one of the teams in the East that nobody will want to face come playoff time.  Granted, any team could lose out 1st round and there are no guarantees, but the Bruins just may be another 8 seed that does major damage in the playoffs.

We could end up seeing the Pens bounced before our beloved Bruins.

I wouldn't get too cocky if I was in your shoes. Remember the arrogant statement you made about the Bruins finishing off the Flyers a few years back when they had a three games to none lead? Their currently position is much less cozy than that one. Like I already told you, I am not saying that I don't think they'll make it. What I am saying, though, is that if the Penguins were currently in the position that the Bruins are in I sure as hell wouldn't be running my mouth.

Hey genius, you do realize that the Bruins have won a cup since then. Right?

Of course I'm aware of that, but so what? It doesn't change the fact that you made yourself look foolish by completely dismissing the possibility that Philly might win four straight in that series after dropping the first three. Obviously you didn't learn your lesson about running your mouth. If that humiliating experience didn't cause you to see the light I am quite confident that nothing will.

You of all people should lecture others about looking foolish. 

Sorry to inform you that is your area of expertise, not mine. I have always been smart enough to remember "that's why they play the games" and "it ain't over til it's over". You, on the other hand...

Well, let's just say you have a history of taking things for granted and making assumptions.

yeah Dave...you da' man.:(
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to inform you that is your area of expertise, not mine. I have always been smart enough to remember "that's why they play the games" and "it ain't over til it's over". You, on the other hand...

Well, let's just say you have a history of taking things for granted and making assumptions.

Hey Genius, this is a message board. That's what people actually do on a message board.