SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

darell,

I don't know if you are an administrator/moderator or what. But if you continue to change my posts and also then repost them out of context, I have only one comment for you. You are a SOB! :angry:

According to you I am...ROGER THOMAS!!! Hahaha.

Darell, I agree with you that they need a conference invite. But what if everything shakes down and a conference comes calling tomorrow, next month, next year, or 5 years from now? We can't tell them to wait so we can do a study and tell them we'll get back to them when we find out if we can do it or not. You have to have your due diligence done now, so you can make that educated decision either way. When and if an invite is extended and if and when we are able to go, we need to have our answer immediately if it is our intention to accept the invite. That door is only open for so long before they move on. I hope the administration, athletic department and foundation all have this stuff on their radars now.

Montana has been in the FCS for how long since the beginning of the created divisions era, while UND had been in the FCS since 2008. A move up isn't going to happen for quite a while. We aren't Georgia State, but if a study doesn't cost much money then why not.

Montana has been in the FCS for how long since the beginning of the created divisions era, while UND had been in the FCS since 2008. A move up isn't going to happen for quite a while. We aren't Georgia State, but if a study doesn't cost much money then why not.

Do the study. Heres where we are now. Heres where we need to be to go FBS. Start planning and fundraising accordingly if that is our desire and an invite is ultimately extended.

Do the study. Heres where we are now. Heres where we need to be to go FBS. Start planning and fundraising accordingly if that is our desire and an invite is ultimately extended.

How long does a study take?

We need a new conference affiliation. That's something you can study that has merit. There is to much dead weight in both the BSC and MVFC/Summit. I am concerned about 25 or 50 years down the road. Without that type of vision and long term planning we'll be scratching our behinds and letting the world pass us by like what happened in the 1970's and early 2000's. You take the right 3-4 schools out either one of those conferences and you might as well turn out the lights because the party's over.

Honestly I would probably contribute more if a study was done and a plan was put into place to move up years down the road. With all of the talks of potential moves the big 5 conferences may make, it seems to make sense to at least look at possibilities. I fear FCS will eventually look like D2 and I do not want to be late to the party again. I have said this before but I believe all four Dakota schools should have been FCS 20 years ago.

There was nothing remotely outrageous in Bulk's post. Not sure what you're wowing about.

So you think UND should either be FBS or DII? That's what he said in his post. If we can't sell out the Alerus (13,500) against Wyoming we shouldn't have a DI team. He continues to degrade and slam the FCS, which makes no sense since UND will be FCS for quite some time.

How are you funding the increased cost plus the matching funds on the women's side? That is where the discussion begins and ends.

2,3,4,5 all have huge upside on the revenue front. Title IX is an obvious fact of life. Other schools have found ways to deal with it.

I am looking for solutions and if there is a will there will be a way.

The money for the 85 scholarships will come from where? UND will get Texas to the Alerus Center on a 2 for 1? Playoffs? UND won 3 games in the FCS, how about we make a playoff appearance at this level first. Someone has been playing too much NCAA football on their XBox.

2.3.4.5 all have huge upside revenue potential. You are only adding 22 as we are already funding 63. Maybe not Texas, but at 85 you have a shot at home and homes with the San Jose State's and the Wyoming's as examples. If you are not part of the solution, I'm sorry, but you become part of the problem.

So you think UND should either be FBS or DII? That's what he said in his post. If we can't sell out the Alerus (13,500) against Wyoming we shouldn't have a DI team. He continues to degrade and slam the FCS, which makes no sense since UND will be FCS for quite some time.

There you go again darell, I never said anything about D-2. Characterize things honestly, but accurately.

There you go again darell, I never said anything about D-2. Characterize things honestly, but accurately.

We don't deserve any type of DI football at all. How would you interpret that? Dropped football or DII.

We don't deserve any type of DI football at all. How would you interpret that? Dropped football or DII.

darell if I didn't have so much respect for the mentally challenged I would put you in that category, All you do is take things, mischaracterize them and then distort them for your own ends. You are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

2017 if UND plays at NDSU would leave UND 4...FOUR home games. What's wrong with playing at UND in 2019? I know we aren't Weber State but we are an FCS counter.

Didn't you have 8 home games last year. By the time games 5-8 rolled around, no one was interested. Maybe 4 is a better number UND home games.

• Upvote 1

Can likely shut this thread down. Heard from an NDSU buddy that GT was talking scheduling recently at some event and he isn't going to offer/accept anything that would be regarded as remotely reasonable for both sides. Maybe he was playing to the crowd but doubtful. Not sure why he won't just come out and publicly state it but also not a surprise.

Can likely shut this thread down. Heard from an NDSU buddy that GT was talking scheduling recently at some event and he isn't going to offer/accept anything that would be regarded as remotely reasonable for both sides. Maybe he was playing to the crowd but doubtful. Not sure why he won't just come out and publicly state it but also not a surprise.

Anything is possible, but that sounds like second hand hearsay IMO.

Anything heard second hand is hearsay unless you supply additional documentation. Much of what is posted on this forum is hearsay. It doesn't mean that it isn't true. It fits with Taylor's negotiating so far.

hear·say

[heer-sey] Show IPA

noun

unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.

an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.

adjective

of, pertaining to, or characterized by hearsay: hearsay knowledge; a hearsay report.

This thread still alive? I thought it was crystal clear long ago, to anyone with a modicum of intelligence and objectivity, that Taylor won't agree to a resumption of this series in any fashion because his feelings were hurt a decade ago. He's just not man enough to say it publicly.

GT is a piece of crap. Sorry but Moo U is not FBS, they don't hold all the cards in negotiations, and BF should just fill those dates with another H/H with the other 100+ teams in the FCS.

• Upvote 1