SiouxSports.com Forum

Thoughts on if the Sioux would of beat Union?

ZamboniJabroni

The Gophers whine about the age of Union players. The two oldest players on Union are Minnesota boys. I guess the only Minnesota boys that are suppose to be old can play for them.

I tried pointing that out on GPL after a poster there suggested Union was "a bunch of 24 year olds". Minnesota had 2 24 year olds...same number as Union. Then the bar was moved to "average player age" and Gopher lack of experience.

I tried pointing that out on GPL after a poster there suggested Union was "a bunch of 24 year olds". Minnesota had 2 24 year olds...same number as Union. Then the bar was moved to "average player age" and Gopher lack of experience.

Gopher fans complaining of an unfair advantage based on recruiting/rosters of an ECAC team. My how the times have changed!

As if it is Unions fault that their players stayed around for all 4 years. One thing I have not seen mentioned anywhere is this analogy. Great hockey minds here tell me if I am off or not. The reason I can see Union having older players is that they somewhat got the leftovers. Guys that played an extra year of juniors because no one except the D3 schools were recruiting them. Union came along and asked them to come and play there. Maybe some of these guys weighed the fact that Union's tuition was not really anymore, maybe less, than the D3 schools were. All undrafted and overlooked players (think Ed Belfour). They ended up at Union, jelled into a stellar team and won the big one. It would be interesting to go through the rosters of the teams they had played for before Union and see where the draft picks and stars of those teams ended up. Even after all this the Gophers still whine because the unwanted kicked their butts. Has to sukk to get beat by the unwanted.

Union vs. UND would have been a better game than what actually happened, I believe. UND was playing with more heart than I have seen in a lot of previous years. However, Union was too as they were hoping for their first title. Games like the National Championship, I believe, are won more on heart than skill (to an extent that is), with some luck as well. I believe UND should have beaten UM based on play of that one game. We had the heart, not quite the skill, and unfortunately, lost the luck battle at the 0.6 mark.

I don't know who would have won if it was Union vs. UND. I believe the dynamic of the game would have been much different and the play would have been tighter on both ends. Here's to hoping we can see that matchup next year for the title.

Really no way to know. Union's goalie was not great in that game, though.

Lucia would probably have given his kingdom for a Matt in the first period. Any Matt would do, Greene, Jones, Smaby. A few Dutchmen needed to take a seat in the blue paint.

DeMarchi. ;)

HIT SOMEONE!!!!!

Union had players who were willing to get their noses dirty hence my comment noting all the former players from the BCHL in their lineup. A game against UND might have had a lower score but the outcome for Union likely would have been the same.

Doubt it.