SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You Seniors

SiouxScore

Thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to this seasons Seniors where we can thank them for dedicating part of their life to the Fighting Sioux hockey program and carrying on the great tradition. Gonna miss these Seniors that all brought something different to the table and want to thank them for choosing to be part of the Fighting Sioux family. Simpson was a great all around player and willing to sacrifice himself all the time for the team and was a great leader as well and will probably be the player off this team I will miss seeing out on that ice the most, Rodwell was just a hard working blue collar type player that I loved to see on the ice, MacMillan and Saunders didn't come in with the rest of the group but in their time at UND they stepped in and played to best of their abilities when they were out there and they understood the team came first when they weren't out there

• Upvote 2

It was an honor to be able to watch these four gentlmen.

Simpson took a lead-by-example approach to captaincy. It was evident on every shift as he completely sold himself out to block an extraordinary amount of shots, not to mention the ice time logged. There was no one else that I trusted as much in the defensive zone.

Rodwell was a beast out there. I remember the first time he sniped from the left circle, and we all realized he was more than just a big body. With perseverence, he played a physical game that generated scoring chances and exhausted opposing teams.

Saunders was a great late addition to the team. He stole several games for this team. And, probably more importantly, he really showed to be a great teammate and friend by supporting Zane after losing the starting position.

Mitch got a lot of ribbing on this board. But the bottom line is that, when in the lineup this season, he added a scoring threat to that 4th line. I'm sure it wasn't easy to spend a good chunk of your senior season in the stands, but it was nice to see him state that transfering was still an amazing decision that he wouldn't trade.

• Upvote 1

I think that Clarke will be a coach someday, the guy is awesome. Has a great presence about him.

Also pretty cool he got to see college hockey from both sides of the track. Started with the "have-nots" and watched his program die and be reborn at the last minute after he left to join a perennial contender where he had a role and played it to perfection - on the ice and on the bench. He could probably write a book!

Thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to this seasons Seniors where we can thank them for dedicating part of their life to the Fighting Sioux hockey program and carrying on the great tradition. Gonna miss these Seniors that all brought something different to the table and want to thank them for choosing to be part of the Fighting Sioux family. Simpson was a great all around player and willing to sacrifice himself all the time for the team and was a great leader as well and will probably be the player off this team I will miss seeing out on that ice the most, Rodwell was just a hard working blue collar type player that I loved to see on the ice, MacMillan and Saunders didn't come in with the rest of the group but in their time at UND they stepped in and played to best of their abilities when they were out there and they understood the team came first when they weren't out there

Great post. This group came a long ways and deserves a lot of credit for leading this team to the Frozen Four. They will be missed.