SiouxSports.com Forum

MN High School Hockey Tourney

hrkac

I'll take the stronger goaltending and say Lakeville North will beat EP tomorrow night. Edina has certainly been the most impressive team to me so far and definitely should be the favorite right now.

East and Eagan looks to be a battle between two great defensive teams. Very physical game through one scoreless and the few good chances that there have been have been handled well by the goaltenders.

I hope Lakeville wins. But I think EP edges them late or in OT.

Every time I watch teams play Edina its like they play scared. Go out, move your feet, hit them, don't be awestruck. Edina does do a good job of making teams look bad though.

I hope Lakeville wins. But I think EP edges them late or in OT.

Every time I watch teams play Edina its like they play scared. Go out, move your feet, hit them, don't be awestruck. Edina does do a good job of making teams look bad though.

I'm interested to see how Edina will play against whoever wins this last game. I think East or Eagan may be able to cause Edina some problems with the physical play and maybe be able to slow them down a little bit but the key will be if they can do it without taking penalties because Edina's powerplay also looked very potent tonight.

Eagan is almost the exact template and colors just different logo, East at least has some different coloring.

DE borrowing the Rangers primary logo for their shoulders...Eagan using some version of Vancouver's stick in rink logo on their shoulders.

Both of these teams are just tremendous defensively. By garsh......getting the puck to the net in a quality scoring area isn't going to be easy in this one.

Even the last play. Two on one for Eagan and the Duluth player gets back to take away a chance while taking a penalty.

Ufff....then with less than four seconds to go the Duluth East player just rings the puck to nobody in particular giving Eagan a chance, which they score on.

1-0 Eagan going to the third.

That kid definitely wants that one back, he easily could have just pinned the puck against the boards and let the clock run out. Probably the kind of goal that should be expected in this kind of game though.

the UND coaching staff would be wise to take a good look at Nick Wolff, dman from Eagan. that kid is a force that plays a style that we are accustomed to seeing in green. Uncommitted as of now and probably will be drafted. Also, he's a captain so that says something about his character.

the UND coaching staff would be wise to take a good look at Nick Wolff, dman from Eagan. that kid is a force that plays a style that we are accustomed to seeing in green. Uncommitted as of now and probably will be drafted. Also, he's a captain so that says something about his character.

I mentioned him in the prospective recruits thread and I really like him too. He plays a lot of minutes for Eagan too and has good size and plays a smooth game. I'm not sure if we would really have room for him just looking at our future commitments but I do think he will end up being a good college player and am a little surprised he is still uncommitted.

Heard that when Duluth East was shut out last night 3-0 to Eagan it was the first time that they have been shutout since the 2012 season, that seems pretty impressive with the high quality schedule they play.

Should be a pretty good day of hockey today. I think the AA games may be a little bit closer battles and we could see some overtimes in either or both of those semifinals.

A

11am Hermantown vs. New Prague

1pm EGF vs. St.Cloud Cathedral

AA

6pm Lakeville North vs. Eden Prairie

8pm Edina vs. Eagan

EGF leads 1-0 after 1. Started off real fast and physical and got an early goal from Poolman. Have pretty well controlled the game so far and not given Cathedral any real good chances. Need to clean up their turnovers a little bit and use their speed even more.

1-1 after 2. EGF really hasn't given up much but Cathedral was able to cash in on one of the very few good chances they have had. Cathedral has done a pretty decent job clogging up the neutral zone and not giving EGF the middle. Reffing has been rather weak imo as EGF has been the much more physical team and been called for penalties on 3 good clean hits but Cathedral has got away with the holding and stick-work stuff all game.

EGF advances to face Hermantown in the Class A Championship with the 2-1 win over St.Cloud Cathedral. EGF physically dominant in the game and had to have at least 4 times as many hits as Cathedral and many of the very big variety. EGF finishes with a 36-22 shot advantage despite missing the net quite a bit on some decent chances and really only gave up maybe 4 good chances to Cathedral. EGF will need to clean up its transition game and passing as it was a little sloppy at times. I would expect a very physical battle tomorrow with Hermantown.