SiouxSports.com Forum

Portland State vs. North Dakota

UNDsportsFANATIC

Predicted they finish the last 9 games of the season at minimum 6-3, currently sitting at 3-2. Has played out roughly how I assumed it would (split MSU/UM at home, split the road trip). Expecting them to go at least 2-1 on the homestand and beat SUU to finish the season. A win tonight makes that 2-1 homestand look a lot easier especially with UNC looming at the end.

What do we expect from this game? These next few games are definitely must wins for sure! Jones needs to go with the same starting lineup and maybe put Zo Traylor in there for Salmonson.

From here on out he needs to go with the guys that got him here; and avoid experimenting lineups

I have no idea why Jones starts Salmonson over Traylor, makes no sense at all when Traylor is by far the much better player. I was also glad to see Jones start Webb at point over Hooker the last game. Webb has been playing so much better than Hooker ever since Hooker started over him. Start who started the last game with the exception of Traylor over Salmonson and bring Schuler, Hooker, Antwi and Stefen off the bench and give either Salmonson or Calcaterra just a few minutes while rotating Nash/Traylor at the 5 while playing Nash at the 4 also. Need this game tonight to start off this home stand.

I have no idea why Jones starts Salmonson over Traylor, makes no sense at all when Traylor is by far the much better player. I was also glad to see Jones start Webb at point over Hooker the last game. Webb has been playing so much better than Hooker ever since Hooker started over him. Start who started the last game with the exception of Traylor over Salmonson and bring Schuler, Hooker, Antwi and Stefen off the bench and give either Salmonson or Calcaterra just a few minutes while rotating Nash/Traylor at the 5 while playing Nash at the 4 also. Need this game tonight to start off this home stand.

No inside information and agree that Traylor has shown he contributes all around more than Salmonson has this year, but my guess is that seems Traylor has a tendency to pick up a quick foul or two and also provides a decent spark off the bench.

Anyone know if Schuler will be dressed and playing tonight?