SiouxSports.com Forum

High-Stick Call

GO4-4LIFE

Over on POI, Sioux fans have been complaining about how the high stick should have been nullified after a gopher touched the puck. I just want to clarify that the rules clearly state that the opposition must have control of the puck for the high stick to be nullified. Just brushing the opposition cleary does not mean he has control. Get over the fact that the Gophs won, and no excuses will ever get you the win. And by the way, the Gophs out shot and out played the Sioux all weekend long. Think about it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over on POI, Sioux fans have been complaining about how the high stick should have been nullified after a gopher touched the puck. I just want to clarify that the rules clearly state that the opposition must have control of the puck for the high stick to be nullified. Just brushing the opposition cleary does not mean he has control. Get over the fact that the Gophs won, and no excuses will ever get you the win. And by the way, the Gophs out shot and out played the Sioux all weekend long. Think about it.

Thanks for signing up to tell us that you puke. POI stands for PU$$IES on ice.

Get over the fact that the Gophs won, and no excuses will ever get you the win.  And by the way, the Gophs out shot and out played the Sioux all weekend long.  Think about it.

By the way, the Sioux took 6/8 points from the Gophers this season. Though that final 2 going to the Gophers was on the back of a questionable call, which is interesting message-board fodder for a couple days, most Sioux fans aren't complaining because the Sioux never should have let it come down to that goal against the #5 team in the conference. Mariucci is a tough place to play, the Gophers played great D, and when you're the most visible player on the #1 team in the country, you can't be depending on the breaks going your way.

Your arrogance is pretty humorous considering your team is .5 game above .500 in conference play, and considering how close your team came to being swept 4 games straight by the Sioux this year. Think about it.

Jim...Thanks for taking the civil approach :glare:

Well, really, who goes to taunt their opponent after a split on home ice, and a season record of 1/4 because the opponent's fans are disputing even the 1? To me, being proud of that record is tacit acknowledgement that GO4-4LIFE thinks UND is the better team.

Here you go ... welcome aboard.

dumbass.gif

Well, really, who registers for an opponent's message board to taunt their fans after a split on home ice, and a season record of 1/4 because the opponent's fans are disputing the 1? To me, being proud of that record is tacit acknowledgement that GO4-4LIFE thinks UND is the better team.

Moronic......You summed it up....6 of eight points...three of the games we won by at minimum two goals and we lost the forth by only a goal having played horribly that night. I chalk it up to the guys taking a night off after a big win on Friday. Again I hope we meet em' at the X......Home of the "Sioux" during the anthem was defining during Friday's game.

I thought this required the good old "Did you know we landed on the moon?", but I see it has been sufficiently flamed. :glare:

Maybe it was just me...I walked out of Mariucci on Saturday night not the least bit upset about the loss. It wasn't like we out played the Gophers and out shot them 40 to 20. We were out played and out shot hand down and didn't deserve to win. Even if the damn goal had counted chances are they would have beaten us in the OT session the way they were moving the puck. Obviously Rip van Winkle here must have been asleep the last two days while this topic was getting beat to death (not by myself).

If the tone for Friday night wasn't set with the national anthem. It might of been when a dead gopher hit the ice right before the face-off. You should have seen the looks on the gopher fans around us when we started screaming for a 2 minute penalty on the home team for delay of game. Priceless!!! :glare:

GO4-4LIFE's thread was unnecessary and inflammatory, but Jim you should be upset the Sioux didn't take all 8 points (and were this close to only taking 4) from such a vastly inferior team. :glare:

Guess you could also say we were this close to taking all 8 from a vastly inferior team as well. I'm willing to let this thread fade on.

the Gophs out shot and out played the Sioux all weekend long.  Think about it.

Here is the comedy: UND took 3 of 4 games from UofM, UND is sitting in 1st place in the league. UofM is sitting in 5th place. UofM is probably going to split with the UofW Badgers this weekend meaning that UofM will have only taken 4 our of a total 16 points. Hum thats not very good... UND scored 4 goals on Friday and UofM scored 2 goals, out played eh? What the hell are you babbling about... If you don't outscore the opposition it doesn't matter how many shots you put on net... Go away troll...

Here is the comedy: UND took 3 of 4 games from UofM, UND is sitting in 1st place in the league. UofM is sitting in 5th place. UofM is probably going to split with the UofW Badgers this weekend...

The Gophers will get nothing less than 3 this weekend and those 5th place Gophers are 6th in the PWR:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=pwr1m

Unfortunately, I imagine the Sioux players and coaches aren't as myopic as so many of their fans.

The Gophers will get nothing less than 3 this weekend and those 5th place Gophers are 6th in the PWR.

Unfortunately, I imagine the Sioux players and coaches aren't as myopic as so many of their fans.

If me quoting the Gophers factual conference standing as of today is "myopic", isn't your quoting the Gophers current PWR the same? :glare: Those upcoming games that affect the conference standings will also affect PWR.

The Gophers tough non-conference schedule will benefit them tremendously, assuring them a better RPI than their close conference competitors. However, many of the Gophers PWR wins are very close and will be decided by shifts in TUC, H2H, and COP over the remainder of their schedule. Every remaining conference opponent of Minnesota is of course an H2H, but also a TUC, and form a web of COPs. The Gophers could easily climb to #1 PWR, or could easily plummet into the teens.