SiouxSports.com Forum

Yet another rumor on Blais leaving

01grad

Here we go again. Great success comes with higher expectations. In Charley Walters' gossip column he says, "Look for the Columbus Bluejackets to interview Dean Blais for their head coaching job at season's end."

This happens every year and I don't think I see it going through. I think Blais is happy where he is and receives enough money without the big headaches coaching in the NHL would cause.

What do y'all think? Has anybody heard anything? I hope he wouldn't consider it.

They also have news on Potluny being out 5 weeks and talk about Paul Martin.

If it came down to it, I'd bet on Lucia going to the NHL in the next few years ahead of Blais, mainly due to the difference in ages.

Then again, Shi ... er, Shooter gets his info from message boards, his bartender, the ranting bum off of the Kellogg exit, WPos and probably Greyeagle too ... ;):silly:

Here we go again. Great success comes with higher expectations. In Charley Walters' gossip column he says, "Look for the Columbus Bluejackets to interview Dean Blais for their head coaching job at season's end."

This happens every year and I don't think I see it going through. I think Blais is happy where he is and receives enough money without the big headaches coaching in the NHL would cause.

What do y'all think? Has anybody heard anything? I hope he wouldn't consider it.

They also have news on Potluny being out 5 weeks and talk about Paul Martin.

So Waters goes from being a strong safety with the Dallas Cowboys during the 80's to writing a gossip column :silly:

If it came down to it, I'd bet on Lucia going to the NHL in the next few years ahead of Blais, mainly due to the difference in ages.

Then again, Shi ... er, Shooter gets his info from message boards, his bartender, the ranting bum off of the Kellogg exit, WPos and probably Greyeagle too ... ;):silly:

What Blais is paid by the Sioux per year living in Grand Forks is most likely equivalent to making 1.5M living in Colombus.

Columbus Bluejackets? Are you kidding me? I don't know why anyone in there right mind would want to coach there. Blais gets more recognition coaching the Sioux. Heck the Alaska-Anchorage coach gets more recognition than the Columbus coach right now. I think it would be a huge step down for Blais if he does take a job with Columbus.

However, if any other team in the NHL offered Deano a job, except for maybe Nashville, I would say go for it. Just make sure that you know you can win the first year otherwise you'll be back looking for a job in college hockey. NHL coaches have less job security than a paperboy.

Columbus Bluejackets? Are you kidding me? I don't know why anyone in there right mind would want to coach there. Blais gets more recognition coaching the Sioux. Heck the Alaska-Anchorage coach gets more recognition than the Columbus coach right now. I think it would be a huge step down for Blais if he does take a job with Columbus.

Isn't Karl in Columbus's minor leagues. Karl and Dean could reunite and bring the Stanley Cup to the hockey hotbed of Columbus. :silly:

Didn't Blais just re-up with the Sioux? I suppose he probably could leave if he wanted to, but why leave for the NHL. They are so screwed up, I just don't think it makes sense. Not to mention the potential lockout.

However, the Sioux would be fine even if Blais were to take off for the NHL. Many coaches would be stepping all over themselves to get the UND job.

Didn't Blais just re-up with the Sioux? I suppose he probably could leave if he wanted to, but why leave for the NHL. They are so screwed up, I just don't think it makes sense. Not to mention the potential lockout.

However, the Sioux would be fine even if Blais were to take off for the NHL. Many coaches would be stepping all over themselves to get the UND job.

To my knowledge Blais and Lucia have the same deal (250K base) plus other perks and incentives. Blais I think has a country club membership thrown in as well in addition to some hockey camp type deals which bump up his bottom line substancially.