SiouxSports.com Forum

Yet another rumor on Blais leaving

01grad

I agree. If any coach in the WCHA is going to move to the NHL, it will be Lucia first. 400 wins. WOW :glare: Blais only has 250, but a very diverse portfolio as well. However, Lucia is attractive to NHL teams because he is young and successful.

If I were Blais or Lucia, I'd hold fast for the Wild job. It may never become available, but they do currently both have pretty good gigs.

They are both smart guys, neither will jump to the NHL for the sake of jumping. However, I'm guessing both would make the move at some point if the situation were right for them.

I think Lucia will coach in the NHL someday, but if he doesn't he could work another 20 years at the U and probably rack up 900 career wins.

If I were Blais or Lucia, I'd hold fast for the Wild job. It may never become available, but they do currently both have pretty good gigs.

They are both smart guys, neither will jump to the NHL for the sake of jumping. However, I'm guessing both would make the move at some point if the situation were right for them.

I think Lucia will coach in the NHL someday, but if he doesn't he could work another 20 years at the U and probably rack up 900 career wins.

and at least 5 more NCAA's! :glare:

Blaiser would need at least 3 more to jump ship.

WPoS

Might be more realistic, especially with Blaiser having even more ties to the region.

However, I spoke with Dean after he had coached the USA team and it was his opinion at that time that he wanted nothing to do with the baggage and attidude that the professional players have towards the game. He mentioned that at that level everyone is out for themselves and very difficult to coordinate a team mentality.