SiouxSports.com Forum

Daily Penguins Updates 2013-2014 Season

MafiaMan

• 2 weeks later...

Canada's coach had a vastly superior team to the one coached by Dan Bylsma. What did you expect was going to happen? At least they kept it to a one-goal margin of victory.

Gee, DaveK, if the US team was expecting gold at best, why did the team lay a goose-egg against Finland? You'd think a team just hoping to medal would be ECSTATIC to win a bronze one. This wasn't exactly the 1980 US Olympic team against the Canadian all-stars.

Canada's coach had a vastly superior team to the one coached by Dan Bylsma.

You might want to research the true definitions of those 2 words...considering both teams were made up of all NHL players and the USA squad had 5 of the top leading goal scores in the entire NHL.

Better example of a USA to Canada hockey comparison from this season would be UND has a vastly superior team to British Columbia....................

Oops...poor example. My bad!

Wow, this place has really gone downhill.

I liked this website better before it became MafiaManSports.com. or is it MafiaManAgainstTheWorld.com?

--------

p.s. really, MafiaMan? YOU are criticizing somebody for posting too much? :silly:

Hey, passit, nice to see you. How's the letter-writing campaign to President Obama asking for Phil Housley's US citizenship to be revoked going?

• Upvote 1

Both teams were made up of NHL players, but the Canadian team was much better overall. Don't believe me? Compare them player for player and tell me who has the edge at each position. Go 1st line C, 1st line, RW, 1st line LW, 2nd line C, 2nd line RW, etc...

I'll wait to see what you come up with.

You said "vastly superior"............

The "edge" you speak of at certain positions is marginal at best IMO. I would say your labeling of the Canadian team is a huge over exaggeration.

Discuss ...

Well, just another Western Conference team dismantling an Eastern Conference opponent.

Crosby perfected his triple axel in Sochi, and did another one tonight.

Toews made us all wonder why Orpik was on Team USA again.

Brandon Saad made us all wonder why he wasn't on Team USA.

If Kane hits twine instead of crossbar and goalpost, this one is a full fledged rout.

Chicago adapted to the conditions ... north-south hockey.

And Jim Corneluson is the Best Ever at what he does.