SiouxSports.com Forum

UND reciever signs with NFL

Big10Sioux

What are your thoughts on his choosing to sign with KC? Personally I'm not an Alex Smith believer (he wins, but he doesn't make his receivers very popular) and I'm not sure the offense is right for him. Hopefully it works out.

Even with Jamal Charles, Andy Reid likes to "chuck the pigskin". Dressler I think could be the next Wes Welker.

I really would have liked to see the vikes take a shot at this guy. Sherels is a good punt returner, but I think Dressler will be solid in the NFL on special teams. I think he could be a solid receiver off of screens too; turning short passes into long plays. I don't see him being a stretch the field kind of guy, cuz he would really have to burn someone since he doesn't have the height to go up an get the ball; but maybe he is that fast, its been quite a while since I saw him play in college. Good luck to him, hope he get a legit shot to prove himself at that level.

I really would have liked to see the vikes take a shot at this guy. Sherels is a good punt returner, but I think Dressler will be solid in the NFL on special teams. I think he could be a solid receiver off of screens too; turning short passes into long plays. I don't see him being a stretch the field kind of guy, cuz he would really have to burn someone since he doesn't have the height to go up an get the ball; but maybe he is that fast, its been quite a while since I saw him play in college. Good luck to him, hope he get a legit shot to prove himself at that level.

He would be a good fit in Miami with Tannehill and Mike Wallace, Hartline is getting injury prone and Dressler would be perfect.

I am hearing Andy Reid is something of a slot receiver guru... Welker is the obvious comparison but a majority of NFL teams have that Dressler type of player that can do a lot things for a team... He is certainly talented enough and I think some of his intangibles (smart football player, dedication, work ethic, team player, etc.) will set him apart. This was a calculated move with team and timing in mind.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before the 2013 season started, Kuper was due to make $4.5 million but it was not guaranteed. Becuase of his injury and it wasn't known how much he would play, he renegotiated his 2013 contract to remain on the team. For 2013, he was guaranteed $1.05 million with another $1.7 million in game/playing bonuses. He still has unguaranteed amounts of $5 million and $5.5 million remaining for 2014 and 2015 which I would guess will get renegotiated as well.