SiouxSports.com Forum

Dakota Student Editor Resigns After Arrest

smokey the cat

Another thread derailed by MafiaMan.

Nice to see you again, passit. I was surprised you didn't blow up the World Junior thread this year with comments about Don Lucia. Or did you wear yourself out last year raking Phil Housley over the coals?

Don't care who her parents are or that she was the editor of the Dakota Student. It is very ironic that she was involved in all the UND anti-alcohol BS and was a leader of SADD. She should resign from those, but I see little reason to resign from the Dakota Student. Actually, she could even stay on with those other groups and serve as a warning.....

On a related note, have any of you had any experience with the campus PD? They are AWFUL. Their only purpose is to give out 'minors' on campus and they will stop anybody after a certain time of night to do it, doesn't matter if you're stumbling down the sidewalk or not. Most GF cops would say "get home safe" and send them on their way (I experienced it). Campus PD falsifies police reports to justify the stop and gives out the minor.

• Upvote 3

Oh look, another thread derailed by MafiaMan and his politics.

"Surprised she doesn't work for Nobama, durrr"

It was smokey who decided to politicize this thread with his "Larry Craig" comment - as if that had anything at all to do with his original post.

Don't care who her parents are or that she was the editor of the Dakota Student. It is very ironic that she was involved in all the UND anti-alcohol BS and was a leader of SADD. She should resign from those, but I see little reason to resign from the Dakota Student. Actually, she could even stay on with those other groups and serve as a warning.....

On a related note, have any of you had any experience with the campus PD? They are AWFUL. Their only purpose is to give out 'minors' on campus and they will stop anybody after a certain time of night to do it, doesn't matter if you're stumbling down the sidewalk or not. Most GF cops would say "get home safe" and send them on their way (I experienced it). Campus PD falsifies police reports to justify the stop and gives out the minor.

Back in my younger days I witnessed this with the campus police myself.

Well, it could have been worse. She could have been raped or even killed by a cop impersonator, which the latter occurred on the UMTC recently. I see these charges getting thrown or greatly reduced. This story is not funny, nor ironic. Those who think so are mentally and socially unstable.

They won't get thrown out because it is his word against her and her credibility is ling of low now. It will plead down as all things are. Then is still does not hurt who your parents are.