SiouxSports.com Forum

Dakota Student Editor Resigns After Arrest

smokey the cat

Can not help but laugh at this. http://www.grandfork...rrest Drinking underage, swears at the cop trying to talk to her. The reason this is so funny is she was the Students Against Drunk Drivers student of the year. She is on the SADD Student Leadership Council. Mother is a sitting District Judge in Bismarck. Dad is on the North Dakota Supreme Court. Oh yeah and last but not least she is the granddaughter of our favorite restaurant reviewer Marilyn Hagerty. I wonder if she tired telling the cop that he was going to be in trouble because of who she is? At least she wasn't driving.

Why celebrate her mistake and misfortune on a sports talk site? The girl to my knowledge doesn't even post here. Not appropriate.

Who is celebrating? I am just laughing at the irony of it. I guess someone else should have posted it because then it would have been ok. What a Larry Craig moment.

Who is celebrating? I am just laughing at the irony of it. What a Larry Craig moment.

Too bad she didn't work somewhere in the Obama administration...she'd still have a job.

Or maybe our Prez needs someone to help point out Sweden and Finland to our ambassador-nominee to Norway?

• Upvote 1

Too bad she didn't work somewhere in the Obama administration...she'd still have a job.

Or maybe our Prez needs someone to help point out Sweden and Finland to our ambassador-nominee to Norway?

Or if she had been the gov of Alaska she could see Russia from her porch. By the way did you see that Rep. Trey Radel finally resigned 3 months after being busted for buying coke. Maybe she could of done a helluva job Brownie. Maybe sold some missiles and other arms to Iran taking the profits to buy guns for a terrorist group trying to overthrow a democratically elected government. Hey I bet you voted for the person who thought North Korea was our friend and Africa was a country.

Or if she had been the gov of Alaska she could see Russia from her porch. By the way did you see that Rep. Trey Radel finally resigned 3 months after being busted for buying coke. Maybe she could of done a helluva job Brownie. Maybe sold some missiles and other arms to Iran taking the profits to buy guns for a terrorist group trying to overthrow a democratically elected government. Hey I bet you voted for the person who thought North Korea was our friend and Africa was a country.

Like our a certain pol that said we have 57 states (coincidentally like Indonesia).

Thought your banning was for politics!

Why would we sell weapons to Iran? Are we moving away from this administration's policy of giving them away to drug cartels in Mexico?

If our own government doesn't care why four Americans were killed a year ago in Libya, why is this poor college girl's mistake making headline news? Because it's more fun to laugh at the troubles of people in 'high places'? Why not a post about Anthony Weiner's latest sex-capade or Eliot Spitzer meeting the parents of his 20-something girlfriend? Your post alerting everyone here of your 'breaking news' was pure trash.

Why would we sell weapons to Iran? Are we moving away from this administration's policy of giving them away to drug cartels in Mexico?

If our own government doesn't care why four Americans were killed a year ago in Libya, why is this poor college girl's mistake making headline news?

Don't forget they started selling the guns under the Bush Admin and not Obama's. Why doesn't the right care about this http://www.warcriminalswatch.org/index.php/news/40-recent-news/243-2-11-09-complete-bush-appointee-resignation-scorecard. Or even more so this? http://www.policymic.com/articles/40811/13-benghazis-happened-under-president-bush-and-fox-news-said-nothing. Or the 247 Marines that died in Beirut because of lack of security under Reagan. Kind of overshadows Benghazi a CIA outpost.

If our own government doesn't care why four Americans were killed a year ago in Libya, why is this poor college girl's mistake making headline news? Because it's more fun to laugh at the troubles of people in 'high places'? Why not a post about Anthony Weiner's latest sex-capade or Eliot Spitzer meeting the parents of his 20-something girlfriend? Your post alerting everyone here of your 'breaking news' was pure trash.

If you are going to try and be funny get your facts straight. Guns were not given to any drug cartels.

If you are going to try and be funny get your facts straight. Guns were not given to any drug cartels.

In best Hillary Clinton voice:

We have four dead Americans and one dead border patrol agent. What difference does it make?

Ppssst...smokey, your watchmaker49 is showing...

Dakota Student writer here. I have to question what this blog is meant for. I for one am disappointed to be seeing this issue on here, and hope to see this deleted from the sports page. It is one thing to disagree with the actions of a person you looked up to, but it is another to bring it onto a page with no relation to the subject.

Ask our friend smokey. Apparently he finds it quite hilarious.

And another thing.....this has nothing to do with politics. What this girl did is tame compared to what most politicians do on a regular basis.

Nevermind politicians, how about college hockey players? I don't see any of them (or football players at NDSU, for that matter) turning in their jersey after being arrested.

Dakota Student writer here. I have to question what this blog is meant for. I for one am disappointed to be seeing this issue on here, and hope to see this deleted from the sports page. It is one thing to disagree with the actions of a person you looked up to, but it is another to bring it onto a page with no relation to the subject.

I agree. Moderators, please dump this garbage.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/carrie-sandstrom-help-students-decide-have-fun-and-stay-safe. Oops. This is called the community page for a reason on a website dedicated to the University of North Dakota. Since you seem to have an issue I suggest you rethink journalism since one day you might have to write a story about a friend. You are not being an objective journalist. Ask a professor tomorrow about this and see what they say. Your professor will agree with me. Answer this for me then. Why did the Herald run the story? Her grand mother writes for the Herald and has for years. Her grandfather was the editor of the Herald for years. Why? Because they were being objective journalists. As I said before she should not have resigned. I see no relationship between her indiscretions and her job. She could have written a great wake-up story for other kids. She could have made something good come of this. I still find it funny.