SiouxSports.com Forum

Volleyball deserves it's own forum

nodak651

Volleyball accounts for 4 of the most recent 6 threads in the "other sports" section. Volleyball topics have been viewed nearly 80,000 times in the past year. Their popularity is on the rise, and I think the team deserves to have its own forum.

• Upvote 1

Volleyball accounts for 4 of the most recent 6 threads in the "other sports" section. Volleyball topics have been viewed nearly 80,000 times in the past year. Their popularity is on the rise, and I think the team deserves to have its own forum.

Would agree. Been suggesting it for a couple.months. But then again its Jim's forum and he's done so much for the UND community over the years that I hesitate to ask for more.

Nah, it's you guys' board. Creating new forums is no effort whatsoever.

Volleyball is probably next in line for its own sport conference. The only reason we don't do it automatically for all sports is that having its own forum can improve discussion about a sport by letting a sport thread break up into multiple threads, but can also kill it by reducing traffic.

Recent success has definitely helped volleyball, so this is probably the peak time in the past decade.

If anyone else has comments, feel free to pipe up.

Nah, it's you guys' board. Creating new forums is no effort whatsoever.

Volleyball is probably next in line for its own sport conference. The only reason we don't do it automatically for all sports is that having its own forum can improve discussion about a sport by letting a sport thread break up into multiple threads, but can also kill it by reducing traffic.

Recent success has definitely helped volleyball, so this is probably the peak time in the past decade.

If anyone else has comments, feel free to pipe up.

I also feel it would be appropriate for VB to stand alone as a topic. As you indicated, winning creates interest and I would guess we will continue to do well in the sport.