SiouxSports.com Forum

Impressive hockey notables

redwing77

Which of these impresses you the most?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these impresses you the most?

• 1. The subpar Wild getting two players to the Allstar game
    • 2. Belfour's accomplishments this season
    • 3. Paul Martin going to the Young Guns game.
    • 4. David Hale
    • 5. Brett Hull and Messier get records
    • 6. Notermann named one of the top ECHL prospects
    • 7. UAA
    • 8. Other
    • 9. All of the Above
    • 10. None of the above

I'd have to say that, without a doubt, going from an "0'fer" in league play, and winning only 1 measley game to near .500, and consistently gaining points is a ridiculously great improvement.

Now granted, it's not hard to improve on a season where your only win came NC against an in-state rival and CHA powerhouse :silly: , but they're really turning heads in Alaska (hard to do given how cold it is).

Cudos to the team and coaches for their season, they've done a great job. BUT, I've got one four letter word for our couch potato friend Chris! ;)

How about goalie Brian Boucher going 5+ games without allowing a goal?rotate_on_head.gif

I went none of the above because I think this was an amazing accomplishment. Even in this era of lower goal scoring in the NHL, 5 straight shutouts is not easy to accomplish and with many of them coming on the road no less.

I wonder if anyone has seen any preliminary rosters for the World Cup of Hockey, which is going to be in St Paul and I believe Toronto. I would have to say that Boucher must be high on the list for American goalies.

I didn't put the WJC in the poll because then everyone would vote for that and no one would consider the others. Kinda pointless to have a poll when the answer is that blatently obvious :silly:

Boucher's accomplishment was awesome. Forgot about that entirely.

As for the Wild, I understand Roloson's selection. I mean, only the Sabres with Hasek was a team that more obviously was all about the goaltending because take Roloson and Fernandez out and they'll be rivaling Pittsburgh for bleak this year. That's why I was impressed. More sarcastic impressed than anything. The Wild could really use opening the coin purse a little bit and bringing in at least one big name to bolster a young offense.

I gotta say UAA going from winless 0-22-6 last year, to #13 in the Pairwise with a realistic shot at the NCAA's, is the most impressive.

And to imagine that billboards aren't falling on their players' feet at center ice this year, either. I couldn't imagine them going through another pitiful year & they were bound to win at least a couple & show some "improvement".

And to imagine that billboards aren't falling on their players' feet at center ice this year, either. I couldn't imagine them going through another pitiful year & they were bound to win at least a couple & show some "improvement".

Did somebody say McDonalds? :silly: