SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Some thoughts:

~Zane forever.....just keep playing him until you lose I guess.

~Specialty teams almost cost them. 50 percent on the PK, 0% on the power play.

~St. Clair is good to have back. Tons of energy.

~5X5 they controlled play quite a bit. Looks like they are more into high cycle plays in the zone now then low cycling in the corner. I guess however you get it done...

Every game is a playoff game from here on out. Have to get two more against BSU to make it 9.

I have noticed the siouxs pk is not very good, due to lack of aggressiveness. This concerns me going forward against more offensive teams. Not sure what is going on with them this year. One poster also called out lack of shot blocking and this has also been very apparent this year. Simpson and Rocco and the only two I saw with decent BS's last night. CC came into the weekend with an 11% conversion rate and I thought their PP was relatively fluid against us.

Time to be a CC fan when they play Providence next weekend. The NCHC needs nonconference wins badly, especially against anyone ranked high in pairwise. This CC series may be the last chance for anyone in the NCHC.

There is another opportunity for bad non conference losses (ie Sioux vs. Bemidji). Those two non conference series next weekend are huge for the NCHC.

Seems like a long time ago that the NCHC was touting the fact that UND, St Cloud, Miami, and Western Michigan were NCAA tournament teams...now it might be a one-team-only conference come selection show day.

Seems like a long time ago that the NCHC was touting the fact that UND, St Cloud, Miami, and Western Michigan were NCAA tournament teams...now it might be a one-team-only conference come selection show day.

That is where it stands now, hard to make that change much with nonconference nearly done. The games at SCSU will be huge for the Sioux as well. Seems we are near a no losing situation.

I have noticed the siouxs pk is not very good, due to lack of aggressiveness. This concerns me going forward against more offensive teams. Not sure what is going on with them this year. One poster also called out lack of shot blocking and this has also been very apparent this year. Simpson and Rocco and the only two I saw with decent BS's last night. CC came into the weekend with an 11% conversion rate and I thought their PP was relatively fluid against us.

the second cc goal was a result of #24 falling asleep and not watching his man slavin just creep up to the net for an easy back door goal. same thing happened last sat night against simon fraiser.

the second cc goal was a result of #24 falling asleep and not watching his man slavin just creep up to the net for an easy back door goal. same thing happened last sat night against simon fraiser.

Yeah I saw that.... schmaltz is very good however he may not be ready for full time PK responsibility.

That is where it stands now, hard to make that change much with nonconference nearly done. The games at SCSU will be huge for the Sioux as well. Seems we are near a no losing situation.

I hate to sound like a debbie downer but in a cold "business" like reality, the..... no loss situation......is almost a truth. ...MUST win both nonconf. Vs Bermidgee,

then the next four series against teams buried in the pairwise, denver duluth miami and omaha.....none easy wins for UND.

The @ St cloud

Then western michigan also deep in pairwise

Hopefully a home series and then two games in Minny ....

3 games "maybe" against teams ranked higher.

Tough road.....but can be done...

Then a first round vs umtc.....not easy but the grind could payoff exponentially the next few years too