SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

He could very easily disappear in Russia, and no, I'm not kidding.

I kind of admire his not-so-subtle protest. But I also hope NBC will let its female announcers wear mini-skirts and bikinis the next time the Olympics are held in Saudi Arabia, Syria, or Iran as a similar counter-measure to that countries laws regarding women.

• Upvote 1

Quick question: is Gigi Marvin's dad David or Mike? Or neither?

Gigi Marvin

Full name is Gisèle Marvin

Graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2009 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and a minor in broadcast journalism

Graduated from Warroad (Minn.) High School in 2005

Earned five letters in both cross country and softball

Was the starting shortstop on five consecutive state tournament softball teams (2001-05)

Brother, Aaron, played hockey at St. Cloud State University

Daughter of Mike and Connie Marvin

Father, Mike, played hockey at Brown University

Canada should get a penalty for goalie interference.

Canada should have had a lot more penalties period, just like against the U.S. It really isn't necessary to do all of the head shots and other crap that Canada does. It really takes away from the game itself.

Gigi Marvin

Graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2009 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and a minor in broadcast journalism

Was the starting shortstop on five consecutive state tournament softball teams (2001-05)

Thanks!

Gigi Marvin

I think that you missed being named High School Queen with TJ Oshie as the King!

Some countries don't have the financial resources to support women's hockey AND men's hockey.

That's true for some, but definitely not others (cough* Switzerland *cough).

It's just a matter of sports priorities...many countries, choose to focus on snow sports. USA and Canada women's hockey shouldn't be penalized for that by limiting time playing together. If any country was going to challenge this year, it was Finland. I'm incredibly surprised that Sweden got past them.

That's true for some, but definitely not others (cough* Switzerland *cough).

It's just a matter of sports priorities...many countries, choose to focus on snow sports. USA and Canada women's hockey shouldn't be penalized for that by limiting time playing together. If any country was going to challenge this year, it was Finland. I'm incredibly surprised that Sweden got past them.

Finland was terrible and relied on there goalie to win them games. If the other countries don't get better and can actually play with the USA and Canada, woman's hockey in the Olympics is going to be gone.