SiouxSports.com Forum

Blizzard Warning for Red River Valley today (12-28-2013)

fightingsioux4life

This is the worst type of blizzard news:

http://www.grandfork...near-pembina-nd

Authorities have identified a Winnipeg man struck and killed by a vehicle on Interstate 29 north of Pembina, N.D.

John Geortz, 53, died at Pembina County Memorial Hospital in Cavalier, N.D., about seven hours after the accident, which occurred at about 12:30 p.m. about one-half mile south of the Pembina Port of Entry at the U.S. Canada border, according to the North Dakota Highway Patrol.

According to the report, Geortz was driving a 2009 Chevrolet Uplander SUV when he was involved in one of a series of collisions during blizzard conditions.

After the crash, he exited his vehicle to check on the other party involved in the accident, when he was struck by a 2013 Kenworth tractor-trailer operated by David Zorony, 50, Ontario, Canada.

Four other people were injured when they were struck by another vehicle after they exited a third vehicle that had been involved in a separate collision, according to the highway patrol.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing to due with a blizzard but this is the 55th day this winter in F-M with a temp that starts with a minus sign ...and it's not even Valentine's day!

Al Gore is my hero...........

The day I can suntan in my backyard on my birthday (which is next Friday) I will believe in global warming. This winter reminds me of 95-96 the winter before the flood winter, not much snow but very cold.

Nothing to due with a blizzard but this is the 55th day this winter in F-M with a temp that starts with a minus sign ...and it's not even Valentine's day!

Al Gore is my hero...........

Your point is? Would you prefer to let the Koch brothers do whatever they want? Are you thinking about your children and grandchildren? The earth is flat and only 6,000 years old also. What about record heat in Australia? What about the record heat that Phoenix is expecting over the next 6 days? How come almost all record highs in Phoenix have occurred over the last decade? Waiting for your Fox News answer.

Your point is? Would you prefer to let the Koch brothers do whatever they want? Are you thinking about your children and grandchildren?

His point is Al Gore bragged about global warming...we are experiencing the worst cold winter in 20 years. Yep that global warming is surely kicking in.

Your point is? Would you prefer to let the Koch brothers do whatever they want? Are you thinking about your children and grandchildren? The earth is flat and only 6,000 years old also. What about record heat in Australia? What about the record heat that Phoenix is expecting over the next 6 days? How come almost all record highs in Phoenix have occurred over the last decade? Waiting for your Fox News answer.

84 in PHX...I wouldn't be complaining...especially sitting by your pool. ;)

When are you and Rachel Maddow snap chatting today?!?!? :lol:

I guess we each see this "climate change" discussion differently.

And as far as my kids and grandchildren...I am thinking about them and wondering how they are going to pay for all the "freebies" that everyone who doesn't want to be responsible or accountable are getting and will continue to get. Does the ACA ring a bell?

Waiting for your Anderson Coopper answer!

I think we can agree to disagree on these issues.

84 in PHX...I wouldn't be complaining...especially sitting by your pool. ;)

When are you and Rachel Maddow snap chatting today?!?!? :lol:

I guess we each see this "climate change" discussion differently.

And as far as my kids and grandchildren...I am thinking about them and wondering how they are going to pay for all the "freebies" that everyone who doesn't want to be responsible or accountable are getting and will continue to get. Does the ACA ring a bell?

Waiting for your Anderson Coopper answer!

I think we can agree to disagree on these issues.

Yeah I don;t deny science that impairs the ability to exploit the environment for financial gain. You do not have a problem with the "freebies" handed out to corporate America though. You can turn Rush off today. As for your children and grandchildren are concerned where was your concern when the Republicans were spending like drunken sailors in the last decade? How many year is it going to take and when will they get done paying for a couple of unnecessary wars of choice? "When Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell voted in 2003 to create Medicare Part D, he called the law “the most important social legislation … in my memory” and said it provided “a genuine opportunity for the private sector to actually compete in offering this new drug benefit.” House Republican Leader John Boehner made similar comments, noting in 2007, “By almost every measure, this drug benefit has exceeded expectations, and it continues to score high marks among seniors for providing big savings on their prescription costs.” This 7 trillion dollar unfunded program. So those lazy elderly people who worked hard all their lives are just takers?

Yeah I don;t deny science that impairs the ability to exploit the environment for financial gain. You do not have a problem with the "freebies" handed out to corporate America though. You can turn Rush off today. As for your children and grandchildren are concerned where was your concern when the Republicans were spending like drunken sailors in the last decade? How many year is it going to take and when will they get done paying for a couple of unnecessary wars of choice? "When Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell voted in 2003 to create Medicare Part D, he called the law “the most important social legislation … in my memory” and said it provided “a genuine opportunity for the private sector to actually compete in offering this new drug benefit.” House Republican Leader John Boehner made similar comments, noting in 2007, “By almost every measure, this drug benefit has exceeded expectations, and it continues to score high marks among seniors for providing big savings on their prescription costs.” This 7 trillion dollar unfunded program. So those lazy elderly people who worked hard all their lives are just takers?

blah blah blah............

Save it.

I said we are not going to agree on much so you can drop it.

More so than current UND students who will be saddled with all of their debt...

Go tell your grandparents they are just lazy takers. Tell that to the WW II vets while your at it. How about the UND students pay their actual costs of their educations instead of asking these takers to help pay for it. Why don't you ask the Republican Party why they saddled the future generations with so much debt for a couple of wars?

You forget the Dem proposal was more generous in benefits. And yes the people that have taken SS for the last 30 years never paid in a fraction of what they have taken out. So who going to make up the difference? SS going broke MC going broke.......
  • Upvote 1

You start it then say drop and run away?

Started it? Just stated it's cold here and I have a man crush on Al Gore. :love:

You dropped the Fox News BS.

Not running away. Just fully grasp the "intellect" of your type.............

Go tell your grandparents they are just lazy takers. Tell that to the WW II vets while your at it. How about the UND students pay their actual costs of their educations instead of asking these takers to help pay for it.

What was the cost of education when they went to school? How much debt are students stuck with? Pretty sure the average is around 40 grand.... that isn't free money. Also, who do you think is paying for their social security? Young people are, and they aren't going to get squat when they retire. WWII vets are only a fraction of retirees... please.

I think so, I wonder if their city and state government have learned their lesson and listen to the NWS.

Yup,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556180/Georgia-declares-state-emergency-45-counties-cancels-two-days-school-Atlanta-risking-weeks-winter-storm.html

Now watch as this storm misses and the city and state government blames the NWS for being wrong. :whistling:

What was the cost of education when they went to school? How much debt are students stuck with? Pretty sure the average is around 40 grand.... that isn't free money. Also, who do you think is paying for their social security? Young people are, and they aren't going to get squat when they retire. WWII vets are only a fraction of retirees... please.

For one thing the actually cost vs. the purchasing power of the dollar needs to be included. Paying for their Social Security? They did.

They paid in all their working lives did they not? Now they are collecting on what they paid in. How many paid in all their working lives and died before collecting or right after they started collecting? As for Medicare that is a different story. There they will receive far more than they paid in. By the way who paid for the car you drive? Who is paying the insurance? Who is paying your rent? Who paid property taxes for your K-12 education? Who is paying for your health insurance? Who is paying for the roads you drive on? How much did you pay in income taxes last year? Property taxes? Here I will agree that you are paying property taxes through rent. Whereas the Republicans will say you are not.