SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Minnesota makes more in than we do. And they bused to Omaha last year.

And it'd be about the same as far as length of bus trip.

According to that guys article, UND has the second highest profit by a hockey team in the country. Are you saying MN is the #1 profit? If so why wouldn't he have stated that, and complained

about the #1 budget that does the same trip by bus? I don't think so...

Anyway who cares?

According to that guys article, UND has the second highest profit by a hockey team in the country. Are you saying MN is the #1 profit? If so why wouldn't he have stated that, and complained

about the #1 budget that does the same trip by bus? I don't think so...

Anyway who cares?

I didn't write it, so I don't know why he didn't mention the #1 profiting college hockey program. But it is Minnesota.

Second, my criticism of Hakstol's "business-like" approach is based on the idea that if your team plays too tight and is not loose enough, they will be too afraid to commit errors on the ice and then won't use their creativity and skills to make things happen (i.e., we better not crash the net because we might *gasp* give up some shots on goal on the other end). That was evident on Saturday night in Omaha and it was evident last weekend at home vs. St. Cloud. And it's been pointed out by other posters on this forum over the years (the ones that don't mind being bashed for it, that is). How that translates into me wanting Hak fired is puzzling.

I'm pretty sure I've heard several current and former players state in interviews that they love the business-like approach. The majority of them reached this place in hockey because they've worked their butts off, and they will likely continue to do so, even if Hak has a more laid back approach.

I'm also fairly certain that Hak's 'business-like' approach was in place back when Trupp went lacrosse-style at the Final Five. Being 'business-like' in mindset and being able to adequately use creativity and skills in play are not mutually exclusive.

just keep on dumping and chase

will win us conference titles but no ncaa rings!

I personally wish UND would play a style that doesn't win games in conference and instead just wins the non-conference games. That will allow us to not worry about their style of play in late march and early april as we would be more focused on golf. :silly:

Then they must not travel the same far distance by bus, or he is just attacking UND when they do the same as the most profitable college hockey team...but he attacks only UND.

All the east coast teams are really close together. They take a max of 2 flights. We have 6. Their longest trip is probably 3 hours, which is our shortest trip most likely. For teams in the NCHC/WCHA territory, a 7 hour bus ride is normal. Out there, not so much. For all we know, if these eastern teams played teams around the 6-7 hrs away, they may make the same decision to bus.

I'm just glad the trip we used to take to Michigan Tech was never brought up to this guy. He may go crazy.

All the east coast teams are really close together. They take a max of 2 flights. We have 6. Their longest trip is probably 3 hours, which is our shortest trip most likely. For teams in the NCHC/WCHA territory, a 7 hour bus ride is normal. Out there, not so much. For all we know, if these eastern teams played teams around the 6-7 hrs away, they may make the same decision to bus.

I'm just glad the trip we used to take to Michigan Tech was never brought up to this guy. He may go crazy.

I read his blog full of f-bombs and no respect for anyone, he is a big time jerk off!!