SiouxSports.com Forum

Victim of robbery charged with felony

Oxbow6

Apparently, you didn't catch the end of my message. Here is a refresher course:

For all our problems, I will take America's legal system over most legal systems in the world. And FYI, I am 39 years old.

FYI: the term 'grampa' was meant figuratively, not literally.

allowing guilty men to go free is a small price to pay to avoid innovent people going to prison. You also can not condone vigilantism. There are times where force is justified, if it is measured. You can't simply walk around waiting for someone to wrong you or to find the opportunity to "make ammends" for some previous wrong committed against you.

Agree that the current statist approach of choosing to obey or not obey laws based upon the discretion of the executive branch is scary. This is not new, but appears to have taken a giant leap of late.

I'd feel comfortable presuming the guy who is driving around in my stolen vehicle and offering me other items that he is saying aren't his but I can have them to leave him alone pretty guilty without going through the court system. More than happy to let him determine what his punishment is, but if I feel safe and have the chance, I'm not going to let him run away. That being said, beating a guy with a lead pipe may have taken it a little far but I'm not so certain the guy should be charged with a felony for it.

Obviously I didn't make my point to some on this issue clear enough but what you have posted above in a nut shell falls in line with what I was trying to convey.

Hmnnnn...drones flying around with the authority to kill US citizens...US veterans removing their medals at airports under the blanket of 'security' while others aren't searched so no one cries 'racism'...certain political leanings targeted by the IRS...phone calls and data being examined without probable cause...tell me another story about the shining beacon of freedom that America is in 2013, grampa.

All programs started by Republicans at that. Funny how when Bush started the NSA program guys like Hannity were singing its praises. Now they take another tune. You got what you asked for and now whine that you got it?