SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Vermont - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

Cags is what Fighting Sioux hockey is all about. Skill,grit,being physical, and teamwork. Loved him as a freshman after his first game and love him more now.

I kinda think he was one of those players that hit the wall. Will Poolman's program that doesn't happen to Sophomores.

The VT defender that made the sliding kick to stop Rocco was an amazing play. Rocco is at another level.

Agree and agree! Rocco spun him and he made a hell of a kick save

The hit Rocco took before the empty netter and pass was big time hockey!

One more comment that was mentioned above...with the games now being called tighter, I was hoping to see more carrying of the puck into the O-zone with speed but it was dump and chase again almost all night long.

Ok - I understand the dump and chase and the cycle - not looking for a hockey lesson. But can anyone explain why Hak is so enamored with them. It seems like our first option is always dump and chase regardless of team speed or talent. Anyone have any insight into why he loves this style so much?

Ok - I understand the dump and chase and the cycle - not looking for a hockey lesson. But can anyone explain why Hak is so enamored with them. It seems like our first option is always dump and chase regardless of team speed or talent. Anyone have any insight into why he loves this style so much?

Because it's "structured". If it isn't "structured", Hak does not like it. When he took over in 2004, the company line was that nothing much would change with regard to style of play. That didn't last long. "Structured" hasn't brought home a single NCAA title during Hak's tenure. Maybe opening it up with some of these guys will help us once March and April roll around?

Haven't seen any Tambellini talk thus far. I know he scored but how was his play? Obviously, I don't know if he will be as good as Bjugstad but he has the same body frame. Tall with room to add some more weight. Does he look to have a chance to develop into a real game changer come another year or two?

Haven't seen any Tambellini talk thus far. I know he scored but how was his play? Obviously, I don't know if he will be as good as Bjugstad but he has the same body frame. Tall with room to add some more weight. Does he look to have a chance to develop into a real game changer come another year or two?

Bjugstad was a damn moose with the skill set of a poor mans Lindros and the heart of a gopher. I don't think tambellini has that type of build. He's built more like Brock was.

Simpson-schmaltz

Ausmus-ladue

Thompson-stecher

Like many other users on here, I wasn't very impressed with Mattson last night. However, I have a feeling that Hakstol will want his "experience" in the lineup with all of the young guys on defense (at least at the beginning of the season).

That said, I think Ausmus, LaDue, or Thompson will be sitting out instead of Mattson.

I'm fine with the dump and chase and long as we continue to cycle the puck down low. Dump and chase is a chance to get the puck into the corner where our bigger bodies can fight for possession. It takes at least one defender away from the front of the net. During the Blais years, we would cycle the puck for entire shifts at a time and by the third period, the other team didn't want to go into the corner to get the puck. I like that Hakstol gets the pucks into the corners. The cycling last night was incredible at times and payed dividends in the third.