SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Tech - Friday

schmidtdoggydog

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gopher-Mav game very very chippy in the 3rd. 1/2 of both teams in the box most of the period (only slight exaggeration) but not because of a big brawl. Lots of chippy stuff. Gophers the worst at it but I'm biased too.

Ballard crosschecks a Mav right after the gophers score.

Potulny crosschecks a guy right after the final buzzer. Surprising.

I was hoping the Mavericks could put up a fight tonite but they look like a junior team out there. Only watched about 1/3 of the game but they look terrible and slow. Ice was also terrible, and I wonder if both teams didn't slow down a bit just so they could keep their skates.

Good to see the Sioux come back with a good 3rd period. Let's keep playing hard all the way through the game. Next weekend we can't slack off or we'll be embarrassed in mpls.

I was hoping the Mavericks could put up a fight tonite but they look like a junior team out there. Only watched about 1/3 of the game but they look terrible and slow. Ice was also terrible, and I wonder if both teams didn't slow down a bit just so they could keep their skates.

I watched the whole game. Couple of thoughts: very chippy game and Mankato looks terrible.

The ice was bad and they mentioned that it had only been in for two days and would be taken out after tomorrow's game.

On a side note, Mankato's McKelvie has to be the biggest putz in the league. He got smoked by David Hale last year and tonight Tallackson pins his head to the ice with one hand and RM can't escape and later in the third all 180 lbs. of Tyler Hirsch slams RM to the ice and pins him down with little effort. He should either hit the weights or avoid the rough stuff!

KVLY showed some highlights tonight, including UND's first goal. I cannot figure out why they took an assist away from Genoway. It is obvious that CG picks up the puck off of Bina's shot and passes it right to Bochenski who buried it!

I don't mean to reignite an old subject, but more than once this season the official scoring has left me baffled.

I got dragged to Manomen so I didn't get to listen to the game at all. Could someone explain the 2nd period to me? 2 goals on 5 shots yikes.

I see Zach got on the board! 2G 2A! Was the mugging down?

Bina got a pair of assists! Nice. We also kept Conners off the board.

Anyways. thanx ahead of time.

I got dragged to Manomen so I didn't get to listen to the game at all.  Could someone explain the 2nd period to me?  2 goals on 5 shots yikes.

I see Zach got on the board! 2G 2A!  Was the mugging down?

Bina got a pair of assists!  Nice.  We also kept Conners off the board.

Anyways. thanx ahead of time.

I could try if noone else will; but I was watching the dark grayscale image on dataflix so I'm not a good reporter on what happened. Couldn't really tell. The dataflix image immediately following the game was bright and colorful, however. One could see the "red" and "blue" lines then, just not during the game. Appeared the Sioux were the "dark" colored guys last night. Looked like the dark guys scored more, although that was hard to tell also. Have you heard enough?

:lol:

Not to be a jerk, but could I make a suggestion? If people are going to post scores from other games, could they start a new thread? It would be the polite thing to do.

I thought posting a periodic update of league scores would give you a good idea of how the competition is doing. Plus the updates are much closer to real-time than looking at USAToday.com, or some other scoreboard site. Nobody really seems so mind except you. I just politely posted short scores updates for the UMD/CC game. I know in the past I have gone a little overboard with the posting during games, but I thought that tonight I exercised proper restraint. The only reasons I began rapid posting were:

1. The Sioux/MTU game was over and nobody seemed to really be discussing it.

2. Everyone on the board posting at the time was also listening to the Dogs game, or waiting for updates to said game. (CRR, 7>4, Sioux Fan; were very appreciative of my updates, and the rarity of my posting).

Part of the reason I started coming to this board was just to get real-time score updates on the Sioux games, but I found so much more!

There's only one recap for all of the WCHA games, and that was for the one game that didn't matter. :p I wonder what's up with that? USCHO needs to buy me a wireless laptop and send me on the road with the Sioux. :lol:

Nobody really seems so mind except you.

UMDDogz, please don't take my request personally. It's not that I don't appreciate your efforts or that I don't like knowing about what's going on in other WCHA games. But when I go to a thread to read about a Sioux game, I don't like having to scroll through a bunch of messages about a different game involving another team. Why not start a thread for the UMD game and post the updates there?

UMDDogz, please don't take my request personally. It's not that I don't appreciate your efforts or that I don't like knowing about what's going on in other WCHA games. But when I go to a thread to read about a Sioux game, I don't like having to scroll through a bunch of messages about a different game involving another team. Why not start a thread for the UMD game and post the updates there?

My two cents are that I personally like updates from other games on the thread for current Sioux game. It prevents having to flip back and forth. Also, as Dogz said, the updates are so much more current than the USCHO site. When I checked it this morning, it had the updated Sioux score at 4-1 after the first period. :lol:

In the future I will start a UMD thread for updates. I won't be around tonight however, as I am going to a party. Good luck against Tech tonight, although you probably won't need any luck. Hopefully UAA can get it together and beat JBSU. The Dogs could theoretically be tied for first after tonight if you lose, but at least if JBSU loses we can take second, with Wisco playing NC Notre Dame.

In the future I will start a UMD thread for updates. I won't be around tonight however, as I am going to a party. Good luck against Tech tonight, although you probably won't need any luck. Hopefully UAA can get it together and beat JBSU. The Dogs could theoretically be tied for first after tonight if you lose, but at least if JBSU loses we can take second, with Wisco playing NC Notre Dame.

Actually, I like this idea. A thread about the weekend's WCHA and other game updates. I don't want to promote updates from the BC/BU game for example, but if BC loses, that's a great thread to put the embarrassed BC team in their place. They havne't lost, but I can dream right? DOn't answer that.

In any case, yeah, Sioux game threads should be for SIoux games and aftermaths. Other games should be updated on a seperate thread.