SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Tech - Friday

schmidtdoggydog

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TH didn't sound overly thrilled with the reffing tonight during the game (some penalties called and others not called - sounded like game was par for the course.) He also seemed a little frustrated with the "phantom" assist on one of the Tech and he sure didn't think the last goal should have counted - thought it was after the buzzer.

Blais after the game saying that "some of the defensemen had the worst game of their year." Blais saying that if we keep taking the penalties and playing as "sloppy" as we did at times tonight - if we were playing the goofs we would loose. He's not happy with the play tonight and that the team would be "visiting" about this tonight and tomorrow. Not sure I'ld want to be in that locker room. CB sounded VERY frustrated. Happy with win, but not with level of play.

I'm just glad we won.

UND pretty much dominates the game and wins 8-4, yet they really didn't play that great and Blais isn't real happy. That just seems weird.

I think that is what separates UND from a lot of other teams. Even when we win, and win by four goals at that, our coaching staff is never just "satisfied" with winning. They always are looking for ways to improve this team. A credit to Blais and the staff.

5 goals? I'd say they're finding the back of the twine.

Sioux are going on the PP.

Sorry. I posted it just as they got their 5th. Slow connection. :glare: I was thinking it during that time when it seemed like they were getting to the net just not scoring. That's what I get for "talking" without thinking. ???

Great win by the Sioux. Nice that ZPar getting's some more points! Let's do it again tomorrow!

You have to remember Tech is not a great Hockey team. The Sioux should whoop up on them, and they shouldnt give up 4 goals in the process. The D does need to tighten up and respect the opponents.

I would much rather see a 4-1 game where the Sioux controlled the game the entire game. Instead of getting out to a big league and then letting tech back in the game and then fighting to get back on top.

Blais had a right to be unhappy. ND played a very poor second period. D did not do well moving the puck up ice tonight, missed many opportunities to hit breaking forwards, and Greene's penalties were just dumb, and I believe he sat the entire third period -- which is what he deserved. Parise's last goal was a beauty, walking around the center and roofing it.

How is the game going? sounds like not much d at times?

The second period was great. Much better than the first. The Dogs getting great pressure. No goals in the second as the D has tightened up and the goaltenders are looking better. Reich has made some huge saves, and at the other end I think the Dogs are making McIlhenny look better than he is by missing the net on several odd-man situations.