SiouxSports.com Forum

Sonmor's Comment

cfm567b27

Well, the boards are a mess this week, as expected. TC transplant, could you please take it over to USCHO? Most of try to not pollute this site or POI (believe it or not). USCHO is perfect for your type of hockey discussion.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know this cracker? I want him sitting in my section too.

gopherhockeyguy (Back2kcaB) 2004-01-20 16:17:46 Msg #127353 Reply

The thing that gets me is the stupid things sue fans say. I can compare "most" of them to packer fans. When things are going good they are all over talking trash that rarely make any sense. To those UND fans, do you remember last year? You were doing the same things after a 19-1 start and where did that get you? no where. UND has a better team this year, but if you really think you are that much better than the gophers at this point and more importantly come march, think again. I'm not predicting a sweep this weekend, however I do think it is a possibility for the gophers to be pissed off enough to rattle off 2, but I think gopher fans are looking into the future and how our team has peaked at the right time the past 2 years, and how this year they are getting to that point as well. the stupid UND fans are just like the stupid scsu fans that post here and talk on kfan, and just want to make noise if things are going well - where are the scsu fans now after going 5-9 the past 14 games? go ahead and win the wcha if you can hold on, but bring it on in the playoffs, I don't think the gophers are rattled even a little from looking at your record - they know what needs to be done come march. beotches. (note, this isnt about all UND fans - there are a couple who are decent who post here)

Anyone know this cracker? I want him sitting in my section too.

gopherhockeyguy (Back2kcaB) 2004-01-20 16:17:46 Msg #127353 Reply

The thing that gets me is the stupid things sue fans say. I can compare "most" of them to packer fans. When things are going good they are all over talking trash that rarely make any sense. To those UND fans, do you remember last year? You were doing the same things after a 19-1 start and where did that get you? no where. UND has a better team this year, but if you really think you are that much better than the gophers at this point and more importantly come march, think again. I'm not predicting a sweep this weekend, however I do think it is a possibility for the gophers to be pissed off enough to rattle off 2, but I think gopher fans are looking into the future and how our team has peaked at the right time the past 2 years, and how this year they are getting to that point as well. the stupid UND fans are just like the stupid scsu fans that post here and talk on kfan, and just want to make noise if things are going well - where are the scsu fans now after going 5-9 the past 14 games? go ahead and win the wcha if you can hold on, but bring it on in the playoffs, I don't think the gophers are rattled even a little from looking at your record - they know what needs to be done come march. beotches. (note, this isnt about all UND fans - there are a couple who are decent who post here)

I think someone on POI a week or so ago said it best - " Ahhhh the internet ...where geeks are tough talkers".

I didn't recognize his name at all. Actually I had a fun time with some Gopher fans we met down at the final five, and we drank with a bunch of them at a bar close to the X. So not all of them are irrational and act like Howard Dean on the verg of a melt down.

I think someone on POI a week or so ago said it best - " Ahhhh the internet ...where geeks are tough talkers".

That makes me think of college hockey. Where the little cats (best term I could think of without censorship) can cheap shot the big guys and hide their head behind a cage and feel fairly safe with the fighting rules. :)

Hammy () 2004-01-20 17:01:48 Msg #127366 Reply

Sorry Sioux4Ever but the vast majority of Gopher fans think Wisconsin is our main historical rival. Just check out the poll that was created on this board on that very topic.

I do love this post. I guess that is why a ticket for this weekend (if you can come by one) is fetching $160 dollars and by the same token you can buy Badger tickets for that series at face value from numerous sources. I guess he did say "historical".....not recent. Nonetheless I think history is changing as it should.

I do love this post. I guess that is why a ticket for this weekend (if you can come by one) is fetching $160 dollars and by the same token you can buy Badger tickets for that series at face value from numerous sources. I guess he did say "historical".....not recent. Nonetheless I think history is changing as it should.

You are paying a severe premium this week due to the Sioux coming in as the #1 team in the country. Last year the same thing happened. For hundreds of Sioux fans in the cities, this is their best chance to see their team. All tickets have been sold, so the price goes way up.

However, in '02, when the Sioux weren't as strong, both the regular season series and playoff series tickets could be had for face or maybe less outside the arena.

When UW came to town in '00 as the #1, tickets were steep then as well.

You want to buy an expensive ticket, wait 'til the Gophs and Sioux get together to settle a Final Five championship. Or if they collide in a NCAA quarter final next year or the year after.

One of the other points of that poll was that many of the WCHA teams consider the Gophers to be the top rivarly. I think that is kind of cool for the Gophers. However, it is partly negative since it is partly due to the cocky fans.

negative, nah, I don't think Gopher fans think of that as negative at all. Most Gopher fans, if you met them over a brew, would be hard to tell from any other rabid hockey fan.

WPoS