SiouxSports.com Forum

Sonmor's Comment

cfm567b27

Anyone as long as it isn't the Gophers.....After Minnesota's 23 year drought they acted like that had won 9 of them after the national title game in St. Paul in 2002. Then to add to it they go back to back and now act like that have won 18.

Every time I went to a game at Mariouci (sp) the vast majority of Gopher fans were very classy. Many even apologized for the anti-sioux name protestors. When I was at the Excel for the championship game two years ago, the Gopher fans sitting by me were the exact opposite, very rude giving Sioux and Badger fans crap.

What I got from my experiences, the true Gopher fans are pretty classy, the bandwagon drunken fratboys are not.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, we know that no UND fan has ever been rude or obnoxious. BTW, how is that UND fan that got arrested in St. Cloud for beating up Blizzard the mascot doing?

I hope he is doing well...I would have bailed the poor guy out myself. You know my position on mascots....some nerd beneath a puffy costume that, when taunting opposing team's fan, deserves to get his a$$ pummeled. Even assistant coaches are getting into the act now. See that clip from this past weekend?

Your comment is well taken and I won't disagree that the Sioux have a bunch of rowdy fans also.

Of course, I hated UW until I met some of their fans. They treated me just great out in Providence in 2000 and since then I don't hate them. Amazing how the hatred for a team tends to be more of a hatred for the fans of that team.

I'm so sick of 3 out of 4 Frozen Fours being out in the Boston area.

Same deal, I guess, for me. I never really liked the Sioux much, but after meeting some great fans at the WCHA tourney over the years, I can honestly say they are my #3 favorite team in college hockey. UMD and UM being 1 and 2.

I'd say it should be at least an even spilt between East schools getting the tourney, and West schools.

Of course, we know that no UND fan has ever been rude or obnoxious. BTW, how is that UND fan that got arrested in St. Cloud for beating up Blizzard the mascot doing?

Bottom line, every school's got 'em. Get over yourselves.

You are right, every school has them and you are Exhibit A. You are the classic troll with never anything positive to say, only trolling to stir up trouble.

TC_Transplant...Was that you I saw with a match behind that Hyundai in Dirtytown?

It was probably also him that was giving me and my buddies crap at the Final Five and at the Frozen Four at the X a couple years ago (the Sioux weren't there) for wearing our Sioux jerseys anyway.

It made it very difficult to root for the gophers against Maine.

You are right, every school has them and you are Exhibit A. You are the classic troll with never anything positive to say, only trolling to stir up trouble.

So you agree with me, but I'm stirring up trouble. Makes sense.

And no Gopher fan has ever been given crap for wearing a Gopher jersey at Engelstad.

I don't know how the team survived without your support.

It was probably also him that was giving me and my buddies crap at the Final Five and at the Frozen Four at the X a couple years ago (the Sioux weren't there) for wearing our Sioux jerseys anyway.

It made it very difficult to root for the gophers against Maine.

Yeah I guess every school has some bad fans - difference being UND's "bad" fans shove a mascot on occasion and the Golden Shower's bad fans destroy property, burn cars and riot.

And no Gopher fan has ever been given crap for wearing a Gopher jersey at Engelstad.

Well, you missed the point.

As for whether we did or didn't back the goofers, they did it without our support.

Yeah I guess every school has some bad fans - difference being UND's "bad" fans shove a mascot on occasion and the Golden Shower's bad fans destroy property, burn cars and riot.
Shoving a mascot on occasion.....means charged with consuming alcohol as a minor, disorderly conduct and giving false information to police...yeah, no big deal.

Riots have happened Detroit, Denver, Montreal, Chicago, etc., etc. If there was anything to burn down in Grand Forks aside from silos, they'd happen there too.

As for whether we did or didn't back the goofers, they did it without our support.

Is there a point? Is their championship tarnished because of it?

I don't need to go, nor have I ever visited, POI to tell everyone how great the Sioux are, how the Gophers suck or to generally stir up trouble. You cannot make the same claim, and reaffirm and validate why the Gophers are despised. CC has had great success for the past 10 years, and Wisconsin's program has historically been as successful as the Gophers, but you don't see similar loathing from Sioux fans. I wonder why that is? Have you looked in the mirror?

Transplant...Let me donate the matches for you.....Although you probably won't need them this season. Keep them in a dry place and you can re-use them in another 23 years.

Jealousy? You have to be KIDDING me.....I don't think there is a Sioux fan past present or future who would ever be jealous of your Gopher hockey program.

Jealousy?

Hardly. I think the opposite is true. As I said, I don't need to troll other message boards to tell everyone how great my team is, but apparently you feel that is necessary to "spread the word" how great the Gophers are. Sorry, but I did not drink the Kool-Aid. You obviously have been drinking the Dubay/Sid/Mazzocco Kool-Aid. If you keep saying "The Gophers are better than the Sioux, the Gophers are better than the Sioux", maybe one day it will come true! :)

Minnesota wins back-to-back titles and you bring up 23 years. How about some new material?

Does anyone really give a hoot? I won't even bring up new material or play the 7 to 5 card. See now if you win two more (in the next 23 years) and the Sioux are shutout during that period - we can talk.

I think you might be the guy who was sitting behind me at the Final Five a few years back. Do you perhaps have a half set of cigarette stained chicklets?

Maybe if you can't take some ribbing on the Sioux board this week you best save face and logout.

Back to my original point (and why I hate Gopher fans) of not winning squat for 23 years - then winning a couple 2002/2003 and acting and thinking like they have surpassed Michigan. Read these letters - BIG DEAL. Come talk to me if you ever leapfrog the Sioux.

This is much better than prideoncrap.com. I gotta give you credit...that's damn funny...you changed prideonice to prideoncrap. I don't know how you do it.

Could you point out examples of Gopher fans acting and thinking like they've surpassed Michigan? Thanks.

Just because I couldn't use pileofsh$tonice.com...I did try however.

This is much better than prideoncrap.com. I gotta give you credit...that's damn funny...you changed prideonice to prideoncrap. I don't know how you do it.

Could you point out examples of Gopher fans acting and thinking like they've surpassed Michigan? Thanks.

Rioting is a start.......If I didn't know better I would have assumed watching the riots two years in a row that Minnesota just sealed up it's 100th national championship to take a commanding lead over every D1 school.