SiouxSports.com Forum

Creighton to the Big East

Sioux04

Here's the MVC this morning:

250px-MissouriValleyLocations.png

Take Creighton out of that picture and I see Wichita State feeling lonely. Adding Oral Bob's School of Basketball and Baseball (Tulsa, OK) would give them a nice travel partner.

Alternatively, adding Belmont (Nashville, TN) would allow for reasonable travel partners as well (Mizzou St/Wichita St; SUI/Belmont).

Either way, I don't think the MVC will look north; I don't think they'll look to a public school; and I don't think they'll go above ten, ... for now.

Here's the MVC this morning:

250px-MissouriValleyLocations.png

Take Creighton out of that picture and I see Wichita State feeling lonely. Adding Oral Bob's School of Basketball and Baseball (Tulsa, OK) would give them a nice travel partner.

Alternatively, adding Belmont (Nashville, TN) would allow for reasonable travel partners as well (Mizzou St/Wichita St; SUI/Belmont).

Either way, I don't think the MVC will look north; I don't think they'll look to a public school; and I don't think they'll go above ten, ... for now.

If they do just add one and it is Belmont, that is not good for the "Dakota 3". Belmont draws the footprint south and east.

According to their fans, isn't FU in the running?

Saul Phillips said there was no chance for NDSU to get in the MVC. He said the MVC was looking for a school that is in a bigger market than Fargo. So for now NDSU is stuck in the Summit.

Saul Phillips said there was no chance for NDSU to get in the MVC. He said the MVC was looking for a school that is in a bigger market than Fargo. So for now NDSU is stuck in the Summit.

He had a list of schools sorted by their distance from the nucleus of the conference and highlighted with different colors to represent their chance of getting invited.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't sound like it....doubt that will stop lakes and his message board crusade though.

I think the MVC will add one private school and stick with 10.

They're holding out for the B1G. Lakes says they'd finish in the top half in the B1G. (Of course, Lakes is drunk most of the time...)

• Upvote 1