Saturday - UAA at UND

farce poobah

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux take 2 penalties - Smaby / Greene, kill the 5x3,

but UAA scores 1-0 (Kronschnabel)

Sounds like UAA is running a short bench.... I think that will cost them later.

If we don't get too far behind that is.

....or if King stands on his head the entire game.

JimDahl, I know the captain morgans are going down well but if I am not mistaken on that last power play you put a post out there stating that the SIOUX were going on the powerplay and then when it was over you added the statment that it was the worst poeplay ever. How did you add to an existing post? Or shoud I lay off the captain Morgan? :ohmy:

JimDahl, I know the captain morgans are going down well but if I am not mistaken on that last power play you put a post out there stating that the SIOUX were going on the powerplay and then when it was over you added the statment that it was the worst poeplay ever.  How did you add to an existing post?  Or shoud I lay off the captain Morgan? :ohmy:

On posts that you've made, there should be an "edit" button. Since new stuff happened pretty quickly and no one posted after me, I just tacked my new comments onto the end. Also useful for fixing typos.

Anyway, the Sioux really are trying to win this one. They're putting on a lot of offensive pressure and trying to wear down the Seawolves. They're just finishing off another power play.

Don't kid yourselves folks, Both goals came courtesy of Mason. The first was a supposed penalty (I can't remember which one, there were so many called on us and so few against them) and the second was icing but Mason and his crew decided to give Alaska the benefit of the doubt.

And the cheapshot on Parise that drew blood. 2 minute penalty. Good. If Greene had done that to Fournier I bet you at least a double minor but most likely a major.

This game we should have won. GOD I thought Sheperd was awful.

Will we move down in the polls because of this?

The first UAA goal was because of Smaby and Greene penalties. I don't know about the one on Greene, but Smaby didn't do anything. He simply got burned after misplaying the puck.

The second UAA goal was offsides. Parise should've had it though.

Parise getting high-sticked and drawing blood, wasn't a penalty. It was a holding call that happened 10 seconds later. Had Mason called the high-sticking it would've been a double minor for drawing blood. But of course, he didn't. Geez.

UND will stay #1 because they didn't lose.

The first UAA goal was because of Smaby and Greene penalties. I don't know about the one on Greene, but Smaby didn't do anything. He simply got burned after misplaying the puck.

The second UAA goal was offsides. Parise should've had it though.

Parise getting high-sticked and drawing blood, wasn't a penalty. It was a holding call that happened 10 seconds later. Had Mason called the high-sticking it would've been a double minor for drawing blood. But of course, he didn't. Geez.

UND will stay #1 because they didn't lose.

Plus they are so far ahead in the PWR.

The #1 spot is ours to lose...

Wisconsin finally showed their true colors against Mi Tech. Good win for those guys, but after comments by Badger players Friday, the Badgers didn't respond well at all. They got "embarrased at (their) barn"

Thus we lose a few of our first place votes...but remain at the pinnacle.

HOW DID CC GET RANKED SO HIGH!?

They played like MITES against the Gophers on Saturday, who by the way, finally look like a team on the move. CC looked aweful and given the credit I already gave the Gophers...both Colorado teams are really biting it this year. Briggs looked solid GOOFERS looked scary.

Good win for Dulut after being down twice.

Seriously though Smaby got burned took a penalty, questionable call as it may have been, once again attributed to a goal.

Congratulations to AA for outworking, outmugging, and almost out scoring (Sat) UND

We'll retool and take our frustrations (hopefully not as frustrated as last year around this time) out on Tech

Sorry so negative :ohmy:

Here's the USCHO recap from Saturday's game. Blais was not happy about the officiating.

I was so livid after the game that I wanted to go to Blais and tell him that if he went on the record and blasted the refs, I'd pay for the fines personally. Then I realized that A) He wouldn't have listened to me and B) I don't have that kind of money anyways.