SiouxSports.com Forum

Exciting News Coming From the NCHC?

IrishSiouxFan

I see Mankato being the cream of the crop in the new WCHA. They are definitely entering on a high note. They will be one of the favorites to win the McNaughton next year for sure.

I know I'm going to be perceived as petty, but given its rich history, I like the correct spelling of MacNaughton.

Mankato is definitely set up to be the new WCHA powerhouse. You are definitely correct in that area and they are on a roll right now. NCAA bound this year?

I know I'm going to be perceived as petty, but given its rich history, I like the correct spelling of MacNaughton.

Mankato is definitely set up to be the new WCHA powerhouse. You are definitely correct in that area and they are on a roll right now. NCAA bound this year?

I apologize for the unfortunate typo. No intent for disrespect. Mankato is currently 8th in the pairwise. They are definitely in the running to make the tournament. Moy's latest bracketology has them in. http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/

Given all the "Mac's" on this team....winning the MACNaughton Cup would be fitting this year!!

• Upvote 1

nchcedit3.jpg

corban3.jpg

corban4.jpg

I do like the idea of just using the NCHC text part of the logo as the patch on the jerseys. Letting teams use their own school colors like the Big Sky and Big10 does is also a great idea as well. Hopefully Jim Sherr checks out SS.com!! Nice work as always soutpaw for mocking up potential jerseys!!

I'm sorry, I get confused as to whether it's Minnesota State University COMMA Mankato or Minnesota State University HYPHEN Mankato, so I just go old-school Mankato State.

I don't think the conference swap would happen immediately...I'm talking 5-10 years from now. Just a hunch...

Just say Minnesota State. :)

I only really get annoyed when people that are in the media use it. I'm convinced they are the reason people don't know it's Minnesota State. For God's sake, they are professionals that are paid to get information correct. They are the ones that should know better.

• Upvote 1

I apologize for the unfortunate typo. No intent for disrespect. Mankato is currently 8th in the pairwise. They are definitely in the running to make the tournament. Moy's latest bracketology has them in. http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/

I know it's ticky-tack...just one of those things that has always bugged me. :) Thanks for noting the correction.

I personally don't think that Mankato would ever get invited to the NCHC. I think if they are going to expand, they will be looking for new markets.

I guess I disagree with this. New markets would be nice, but it's a very niche sport so it's not like they're going to be gaining a lot going into a new market. If it were up to me I'd grab Mankato in a heart beat if they really prove they want to commit to their hockey program. That gives you 3 of the 5 D1 teams in Minnesota. The more teams you can have from Minnesota the better because it's such a large hockey market. Bemidji isn't ideal, but even then you'd have the entire state of Minnesota under your wing, minus the metro. The metro is the big one, but that's why you host your conference tournament there. The NCHC could literally be THE hockey conference for the state of Minnesota. Just without Minnesota, obviously.

I know it's ticky-tack...just one of those things that has always bugged me. :) Thanks for noting the correction.

Little boxes on the hillside,

Little boxes made of ticky tacky,1

Little boxes on the hillside,

Little boxes all the same.

There's a green one and a pink one

And a blue one and a yellow one,

And they're all made out of ticky tacky

And they all look just the same.

Since there are 4 great teams that will be playing in the NCHC tourney could a third place game help a team in the pairwise rankings by winning?

I would think so. Besides, I know there is distaste by some for a third place game, but there have been some memorable ones in the past in the WCHA final 5, like when Spirko scored the shortie in a Sioux win over Minnesota. I sure as hell enjoyed it.

Since there are 4 great teams that will be playing in the NCHC tourney could a third place game help a team in the pairwise rankings by winning?

IIRC, winning the 3rd place game at the WCHA Final 5 has been the difference between a team getting into the National tournament and sitting at home in the past. Any game against a TUC will definitely affect the Pairwise.