SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

A couple of Apple Ales or Bud Light Limes on the series?

So, just so we're clear. Budaj "plays like a man possessed" as you quoted, and rips off a 1.50 gaa and 95% sv pct BUT the Habs still lose the series, I still win, correct? If so, I'm in. Winner takes all, no stats involved?

NYR was 2-0 versus Chicago and 1-1 versus LAK this season. Tell me why both teams beat the Rangers? Honestly looking for your opinion. Rangers are playing some damn good puck after Game 4 versus the Pens.

Yes, I understand the head to head results. Chicago finished with 107 points and LA finished with 100 points. NYR finished with a respectable 96 points, however they would have just barely made the playoffs in the West as the #8 seed. I think most people will concede that the West was a tougher conference this year with teams like Colorado, St. Louis, Chicago, Anaheim, San Jose and LA. Each conference certainly has their duds but the Metro division, where the majority of the NYR games were played, was filled with the Islanders, Carolina, NJ and Washington.

I'm not "hating" on the Rangers. If they win it, good for them. They will need Lundquist to absolutely stand on his head and steal a couple of games. I just feel that the 2 remaining teams in the West are much better teams than the 2 remaining teams in the East.

at some point in these playoffs I'm hoping the Blackhawks can get out of their second period funk. it seems like every second period these playoffs they have been outshot 17-6 and badly outplayed and have had their rearends saved by Crawford.

So, just so we're clear. Budaj "plays like a man possessed" as you quoted, and rips off a 1.50 gaa and 95% sv pct BUT the Habs still lose the series, I still win, correct? If so, I'm in. Winner takes all, no stats involved?

I was going to actually take the Habs and make it interesting.

Yes, I understand the head to head results. Chicago finished with 107 points and LA finished with 100 points. NYR finished with a respectable 96 points, however they would have just barely made the playoffs in the West as the #8 seed. I think most people will concede that the West was a tougher conference this year with teams like Colorado, St. Louis, Chicago, Anaheim, San Jose and LA. Each conference certainly has their duds but the Metro division, where the majority of the NYR games were played, was filled with the Islanders, Carolina, NJ and Washington.

I'm not "hating" on the Rangers. If they win it, good for them. They will need Lundquist to absolutely stand on his head and steal a couple of games. I just feel that the 2 remaining teams in the West are much better teams than the 2 remaining teams in the East.

I see Subban having a good series, somewhere along the way as well.

I see Subban having a good series, somewhere along the way as well.

He was BRUTAL in Game 1 and was a big-time liability. He might have a good series, but he sure didn't look like he would by his performance in Game 1.

No, I know you're not hating and I agree that the west has been better this season. That being said, I don't think anyone is playing better than the Rangers over the last two weeks. Lundqvist is on a different planet, right now and has been almost all playoffs. They are getting scoring from all over the place, too. Since MSL's mom died (before Game 5), they have rallied big time. 5-1 win, 3-1 win, 2-1 win, 7-2 win. 17-5 in those four games. Kreider coming back from injury was huge, too. McDonaugh was unreal in Game 7 against the Pens and Game 1 against the Habs.

As far as being "much better", you have to only compare head-to-head. If the Kings and Hawks were much better, they wouldn't have been a combined 1-3 against the Rangers. NYR matches up very well against both those teams. Lundqvist keeps playing like he's playing and I think they are a SERIOUS contender.

He was BRUTAL in Game 1 and was a big-time liability. He might have a good series, but he sure didn't look like he would by his performance in Game 1.

No, I know you're not hating and I agree that the west has been better this season. That being said, I don't think anyone is playing better than the Rangers over the last two weeks. Lundqvist is on a different planet, right now and has been almost all playoffs. They are getting scoring from all over the place, too. Since MSL's mom died (before Game 5), they have rallied big time. 5-1 win, 3-1 win, 2-1 win, 7-2 win. 17-5 in those four games. Kreider coming back from injury was huge, too. McDonaugh was unreal in Game 7 against the Pens and Game 1 against the Habs.

As far as being "much better", you have to only compare head-to-head. If the Kings and Hawks were much better, they wouldn't have been a combined 1-3 against the Rangers. NYR matches up very well against both those teams. Lundqvist keeps playing like he's playing and I think they are a SERIOUS contender.

In a 7 game series, I'd take Chi or LA over either the NYR or Canadiens, even as you say the NYR were 3-1 against them during the regular season. However, if either of the 2 remaining teams from the East are going to win it all, I'd MUCH rather have it be the Rangers!

In a 7 game series, I'd take Chi or LA over either the NYR or Canadiens, even as you say the NYR were 3-1 against them during the regular season. However, if either of the 2 remaining teams from the East are going to win it all, I'd MUCH rather have it be the Rangers!

And I think I get why you'd believe that, but the Rangers can definitely hang with the rest of teams playing.

Unbelievable story. I had known about this, but not all of the details. Be careful watching this at work. If you don't want someone walking up behind you unexpectedly and you looking like a wussy all teary-eyed, you might want to wait until you get home tonight to watch. Between this and the passing of Martin St. Louis' mom, I certainly wouldn't mind the Rangers taking down the Western teams!

E:60: Dominic Moore: Coming Home

Unbelievable story. I had known about this, but not all of the details. Be careful watching this at work. If you don't want someone walking up behind you unexpectedly and you looking like a wussy all teary-eyed, you might want to wait until you get home tonight to watch. Between this and the passing of Martin St. Louis' mom, I certainly wouldn't mind the Rangers taking down the Western teams!

E:60: Dominic Moore: Coming Home

Powerful, powerful stuff. If Moore doesn't win the Masterson this season, I have no idea how. He plays like he's dying. All heart.

Bet's on. I'm in :) ... I'd love to take a 6er of BLLs from ya, Goonie :)

I must found out the Habs are starting a goalie that has 11 NHL starts tonight. That makes the bet more interesting.

I must found out the Habs are starting a goalie that has 11 NHL starts tonight. That makes the bet more interesting.

Tokarski, huh? Not surprised, I guess, since Budaj has like .843 sv pct in the playoffs. Not sure if I'm more happy or more terrified for this. Rangers should be licking their chops, but, I just hope this kid doesn't turn some rookie magic. Kid has excelled at every level.

Tokarski, huh? Not surprised, I guess, since Budaj has like .843 sv pct in the playoffs. Not sure if I'm more happy or more terrified for this. Rangers should be licking their chops, but, I just hope this kid doesn't turn some rookie magic. Kid has excelled at every level.

I guess I am going to have to watch tonight to see the impending train wreck.

I guess I am going to have to watch tonight to see the impending train wreck.

Honestly, it may be ugly. Rangers could very well light this kid up. He gave up 3 goals on 11 shots to the Rangers last year.

On the other hand, he's won at every level. But.... this is a different level.

Honestly, it may be ugly. Rangers could very well light this kid up. He gave up 3 goals on 11 shots to the Rangers last year.

On the other hand, he's won at every level. But.... this is a different level.

If I am not mistaken, this is kind of how Partrick Roy came on scene as well. Kind of.

Edited by Goon

Haven't watched much of the game tonight, but the kid must be playing OK. Have the Rangers gotten much on him?

Pet peeve alert - if you're going to wear a visor, wear the Fing visor. Yes, I'm talking to you Carl Hagelin (and you, Niklas Kronwall).

• Upvote 2

I was rooting for Montreal to make the finals, but that just isn't going to happen. A lot of credit goes to the NY Rangers coaching staff. They have observed how Montreal tends to feed much of their offense through Subban when he is on the ice. Their forward on that side is anticipating the pass to Subban, even on the power play, and is jumping in almost before the pass is made. Subban therefore has little to know time to do anything with it.

Montreal is being outhustled, and their passing was atrocious tonight. They are either missing the passes or making the wrong passes to guys who are covered. They got 41 shots on goal tonight, but many of them were long distance with open lanes for Lundqvist to see the puck. He is playing way too well to give up those goals.

Montreal backup goalie played well tonight, but he is up against a goalie playing outstanding. And finally, the change from Tortorelli as coach is a great move by NY. The Rangers are playing with discipline and staying out of trouble. Montreal is playing undisciplined (taking stupid penalties) and seeming frustrated.

Pet peeve alert - if you're going to wear a visor, wear the Fing visor. Yes, I'm talking to you Carl Hagelin (and you, Niklas Kronwall).

The Red Wings will apparently wear extra protection when playing the Bruins next season...but it won't be EYE protection.

• Upvote 1