SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Here's a true fact, if Jonathan Toews didn't play for the Blackhawks, 3/4 of you guys wouldn't cheer for the Blackhawks. If he was wearing a spoked "B" on his chest you guys would all be wearing Bruins jersey's... It's not outside the realm of possibility that the Wild could win this series, they just need to get Darcy back in net.

Here's a true fact, if Jonathan Toews didn't play for the Blackhawks, 3/4 of you guys wouldn't cheer for the Blackhawks. If he was wearing a spoked "B" on his chest you guys would all be wearing Bruins jersey's... It's not outside the realm of possibility that the Wild could win this series, they just need to get Darcy back in net.

Hhmmm.... I thought all facts were true. :ohmy: . I really have to wonder why so many of you are Mild fans... They have the same obnoxious fan base that cheers on the Rodentia, and I hate them (Rodentia) more than any team in any sport at any level. So I cannot see why I should ever cheer for them. The only good thing about them is Parise. I hope he scores every goal the Mild score in every game, as long as they lose those games... Plus they wear ugly a$$ jerseys... and have cry baby announcers like La Panta, Gorg, and Greenlay. It was refreshing and enjoyable to not have to listen to those whiney bastards tonight... Go Hawks!!

• Upvote 3

Toews is one of the reasons I follow the hawks...so what? I don't get why non hawks fans on here can't stand the fact there are so many Sioux/hawks fans.

Personally I became a huge Jonny fan when he single handedly beat team USA in the world juniors during the shootout. I can't tell you the number of friends that were upset with me for being happy that Canada won, but I've always cheered for former and current Sioux. Remember when toews first went to chicago? This was a team that was struggling to win and struggling to get fans in the seats. Toews played quite the role to turn this team from a loser to a winner. Good for him!

I listened to last night's game on the radio. And what a breath of fresh air it was to listen to Troy Murray on the radio.

And did you ever think that many Sioux fans just like the hawk's beautiful logo that und once used? I sure do:)

• Upvote 3

Hhmmm.... I thought all facts were true. :ohmy: . I really have to wonder why so many of you are Mild fans... They have the same obnoxious fan base that cheers on the Rodentia, and I hate them (Rodentia) more than any team in any sport at any level. So I cannot see why I should ever cheer for them. The only good thing about them is Parise. I hope he scores every goal the Mild score in every game, as long as they lose those games... Plus they wear ugly a$$ jerseys... and have cry baby announcers like La Panta, Gorg, and Greenlay. It was refreshing and enjoyable to not have to listen to those whiney bastards tonight... Go Hawks!!

Right on jlp. I will never cheer for the wild and it's due to their fan base. Maybe minus hockey sense they are great people but I won't join them on this one. I hope that team who required everyone in that state to fund a stadium for a few to watch are done in 3 more games:)

One empty netter, one goal that I think could have been saved and three others that were definitely not bryz's fault. They were just tough shots to stop. I though the wild played pretty good and had tons of energy. I hate to say it but I noticed haula a lot, on the other hand I didn't notice granlund whatsoever. The hawks looked like they haven't skated in awhile. They better pick it up if they want to win on Sunday.

My bad...18 straight playoff games w 3+ given up and last night's game where apparently Bryz was very good but.................. Got it! ;)

BTW he is 3-16 in his last 19 playoff games. So if he gives up 3+ tomorrow with a least 3 that aren't his "fault" at least I know the last 2 playoff games, out of 20, were an anomaly!!

This is a CHI sweep if Bryz starts the next 3. There is a reason, if all the other Wild goalies were healthy, he is 4th on the depth chart.

Toews is one of the reasons I follow the hawks...so what? I don't get why non hawks fans on here can't stand the fact there are so many Sioux/hawks fans.

Let me be clear, I didn't say that there was anything wrong with it...

My bad...18 straight playoff games w 3+ given up and last night's game where apparently Bryz was very good but.................. Got it! ;)

BTW he is 3-16 in his last 19 playoff games. So if he gives up 3+ tomorrow with a least 3 that aren't his "fault" at least I know the last 2 playoff games, out of 20, were an anomaly!!

This is a CHI sweep if Bryz starts the next 3. There is a reason, if all the other Wild goalies were healthy, he is 4th on the depth chart.

Bryz is 0-5-2 in Chicago a well.

.. and have cry baby announcers like La Panta, Gorg, and Greenlay. It was refreshing and enjoyable to not have to listen to those whiney bastards tonight... Go Hawks!!

Marking you down and not a fan of the FSN Broadcast team. :lol:

Really? That's the card you're pulling :). I am not going to even waste my time. The fact toews plays for my favorite team is just a plus. Revert chi was pretty bad for a while there.

Are you from Boston?

You're stats are probably correct. I am soley going by the game I watched last night. 3 goals were good, two of which were spectacular.

If we're going to play the blame game two goals were directly spergeons man. He's too small to cover the big forwards in front of the net, at least on the pk.

As great as Crawford was, especially in the 2nd, the Wild had it tied up in the 3rd on the road. Regardless of everyone else Bryz sucks.

Yeah I am aware of his recent struggles but that loss was not his fault.

Right on jlp. I will never cheer for the wild and it's due to their fan base. Maybe minus hockey sense they are great people but I won't join them on this one. I hope that team who required everyone in that state to fund a stadium for a few to watch are done in 3 more games:)

...as opposed to the Twins, Timberwolves, and Vikings...and 100 other sports franchises where the team owner pays for 100% of the stadium cost?

Hell, if it wasn't for Pennsylvania's taxpayers, DaveK would be busy cheering on his Kansas City Penguins this playoff season...thanks to Missouri's taxpayers.

• Upvote 1

Here's a true fact, if Jonathan Toews didn't play for the Blackhawks, 3/4 of you guys wouldn't cheer for the Blackhawks. If he was wearing a spoked "B" on his chest you guys would all be wearing Bruins jersey's...

If Toews was traded this morning to the expansion Donald Sterlings of Los Angeles franchise, 1/2 of Blackhawks fans on the board here would be wearing new hockey jerseys with Donald's face on the front of it quicker than Oxbow6 can say ".6 t-shirt."

• Upvote 1

Really? That's the card you're pulling :). I am not going to even waste my time. The fact toews plays for my favorite team is just a plus. Revert chi was pretty bad for a while there.

Are you from Boston?

So, what date did you start liking the Blackhawks? Just out of curiosity. About 2007-08, right? :)

Yeah I am aware of his recent struggles but that loss was not his fault.

Glad you have hitched your Wild playoff wagon to the play of Bryz. Enjoy the next 7 days.............

So, what date did you start liking the Blackhawks? Just out of curiosity. About 2007-08, right? :)

'93...my dad's very player was steady eddy and he pushed the hawks on me hard. I had the starter jacket too (mostly because of the logo) inherently I was forced to cheer for the team. I had to cheer for some team, there was no wild and lord knows I'm not going to be caught dead cheering for a NY or Boston team.

Are you from Boston?

Some fans cheer for teams they grew up watching...some cheer for teams in specific cities...some cheer for specific players and just follow whatever team he is on. Diff'rent strokes for different folks, I guess. That being said, if TJ Oshie had won 2 of the past 4 Stanley Cups or Zach Parise wins 2 of the next 4, you'll see plenty of allegiances here on SiouxSports.com changing - but not mine.

And no, Goon isn't from Boston. But he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

• Upvote 1

Glad you have hitched your Wild playoff wagon to the play of Bryz. Enjoy the next 7 days.............

Hey all I was saying was bryz did not lose that game for him. Do I think he starts next game....for the wilds sake I hope they can play someone better. They are simply playing a very good team that will score at least 3-4 goals per game no matter which tendy is in net.

FYI hawks fan here.

Hey all I was saying was bryz did not lose that game for him. Do I think he starts next game....for the wilds sake I hope they can play someone better. They are simply playing a very good team that will score at least 3-4 goals per game no matter which tendy is in net.

FYI hawks fan here.

I don't want to use the term 'desperate' in describing the Wild's goaltending situation, but Wilbur's getting $500 and an authentic jersey with his NOB to suit up as the back-up for game 2.

Are you from Boston?

I permanent change of stationed from Germany to Fort Devens in 1988 and I was dating a local girl from Ayer, MA (I met her working the front gate) and she introduced me to the Boston Bruins and I have followed them every since. So, no I am not from Boston, MA, but I did live in Massachusetts for about two years.

Edited by Goon

no different than people walking around with #9 Devils jerseys for 10 years or #74 Blues jerseys.

no different than people walking around with #9 Devils jerseys for 10 years or #74 Blues jerseys.

...and if in 5 years Dillon Simpson captains Edmonton to back-to-back-to-back Stanley Cups, North Dakota will be known as "Oiler Country" for a very different reason than it is today...

• Upvote 1

I was a Hawks fan before Minny had a team and still am. With that said Minny is first on the list followed by the Hawks. Would love to see the Wild knock off the champs but the goalie situation for the Wild is anything but ideal. If Bryz is the guy throughout they have a 5% chance of pulling it off.

• Upvote 2

I permanent change of stationed from Germany to Fort Devens in 1988 and I was dating a local girl from Ayer, MA (I met her working the front gate) and she introduced me to the Boston Bruins and I have followed them every since. So, no I am not from Boston, MA, but I did live in Massachusetts for about two years.

So you did it for a chick, I guess that works :). In all honesty I am not a bruins hater. I like the way their team is built. I also like some if their players a lot.