SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors - US/Canada

siouxgrad

Using the WJC national anthem sounds like it would be cool.

Unfortunately, I can't get any of the archived audio links on the USA Hockey Web site to work for me. :angry: The archived video highlights work fine, however.

Well, that's no good. The first link I posted didn't work, either, when I checked it. So, the second time I posted a slightly different address than I used the first time. Here it is again. Click on "LISTEN HERE" to the right of the picture (dah -- sorry, I know you know that):

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/04worldjrs/04worldjrs/

Hopefully, it works for you this time!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{EDIT:  For some reason, my original USAhockey.com link didn't work, so I'm trying it again...}

Looking at Dirty's quoting you before you edited, you ended up with a parenthesis inside the url code.

Very good video.

Hopefully, it works for you this time!

Still no go. I click on the "listen here" link and absolutely nothing happens. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with my Norton Internet Security firewall. I notice that the link uses a Java script and I know NIS blocks some of those. I have the same problem when trying to watch anything from DataFlix.

Still no go. I click on the "listen here" link and absolutely nothing happens. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with my Norton Internet Security firewall. I notice that the link uses a Java script and I know NIS blocks some of those. I have the same problem when trying to watch anything from DataFlix.

Link and audio work fine for me.

Shut down NIS and try it. Also, did you ugrade WMP to version 9?

I tried shutting down NIS to watch DataFlix. It worked, but I also got a Trojan horse on my computer and it took me a full day to get everything back to normal. I have the latest version of Windows Media Player.

I will make this easier.

Team USA Tape-Delay Television Schedule

Date Time Game Carrier

Sat., Jan. 10 1 p.m. CST USA vs. Finland (semifinal) FSNN (MN, ND, SD, IA)

Sat., Jan. 10 5 p.m. CST USA vs. Finland (semifinal) FSNN (WI)

Sun., Jan. 11 2 p.m. EST USA vs. Canada (gold-medal) NESN

Mon., Jan. 12 1 p.m. CST USA vs. Canada (gold-medal) FSNN

Mon., Jan. 12 8 p.m. EST USA vs. Finland (semifinal) CSTV

Tues., Jan. 13 9 p.m. EST USA vs. Canada (gold-medal) CSTV

Sat., Feb. 7 10 p.m. EST USA vs. Canada (gold-medal) ESPN Classic

LINK

Don't compare me to that guy!! He's a jerk. :angry:

You can't be the guy who single-handedly got two USCHO threads on this weekend's series deleted, could you. I guess DTP helped, to be fair. The admin over there doesn't appear to like Fornier Fat posts. :lol:

I just returned from watching the UMass - BU game at Walter Brown. UMass won 2-1. Stephen Werner played in all three periods and assisted in both of the UMass goals. The BU fans (the few that were there) gave him a nice little cheer of acknowledgment during the starting line-up. I was glad to see Werner was able to play as much as he did so soon after returning from Finland. Hopefully, it will be the same for our guys (especially with a few "extra" days in there to rest).

BTW, before the game, a friend of mine was talking to a couple of the construction workers for BU's new arena. One of the guys was boasting that the new arena was going to be really nice, and "probably the best one in the country." I tried hard not to burst his bubble (he's been working hard; it's frigid cold out there today), but had to straighten him out a little. I mean, BU's arena I'm sure will be fantastic, but .... I'm sure this guy never expected to be within earshot of a native North Dakotan!

From D. Booth's last journal entry after the tourney was complete:

I would like to thank everybody at USA Hockey for all they have done and for the coaches who let the players come and be a part of this amazing experience, especially Michigan's Red Berenson, North Dakota's Dean Blais, and Michigan State's Rick Comley for letting three players make the trip out here. That's appreciated a bunch

I just returned from watching the UMass - BU game at Walter Brown. UMass won 2-1. Stephen Werner played in all three periods and assisted in both of the UMass goals. The BU fans (the few that were there) gave him a nice little cheer of acknowledgment during the starting line-up.

That is pretty classy of the BU fans. Good to see their explosive offense was really simply due to my favorite teams stellar play. :angry:

Looks like Sauer is thinking along the same lines as Zach (from INCH):

"It won't get the headlines that the 1980 gold medal Olympic victory in Lake Placid got, but the gold medal in Helsinki ranks up there with one of the great moments in U.S. hockey history."

Don't know if it was posted here yet, but fyi:

Monday, January 12 at 1 PM Central (2pm Eastern)

Fox Sports North (Channel 51 for you Midcontinent users in the GF area) will rebroadcast the Gold medal game from the World Juniors.

I think I'll be taping it.