SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors - US/Canada

siouxgrad

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go US.

Sounded like ZP was double shifted in the third. He was definitely out there with different forwards at times than he played with in the rest of the tourney.

Did Eaves shorten the bench in the third? Anyone that watched on Center Ice?

Glad they won, this is the only chance we have to get some media (TV) coverage in the US next year.

Stewart and Dawes of Canada end up tied in tourney points with Parise, unless they change the scoring and give him the deserved assist on the third period goal. No matter, US has the gold.

Congrats to Team USA. It's really great that college coaches have bought into allowing players to play for their country. They really could be dinks about if the wanted to.

Listening to the Canadian announcers trying to figure out where Thief River Falls is located was hilarious.

Did Eaves shorten the bench in the third? Anyone that watched on Center Ice?

The US pretty much went with the top two lines. Stafford was playing with O'Sullivan and Eaves a lot. The announcers were talking about how Coach Eaves wasn't rolling much with his lines, but he did give some of the guys a shift or two. Murray didn't see much action in the third, maybe one or two shifts that I can remember.

Stafford had a heck of a game I thought. I think it was in the second when he drove in and deked around the D and got off a nice back-hander.

Good to see ZP take home some much deserved hardware. He played a lot of hockey today. The one announcer was bugging me though, he kept pronouncing it like he was french Canadian....Zach Parisay....UGGGGHHH :angry:

The US pretty much went with the top two lines. Stafford was playing with O'Sullivan and Eaves a lot. The announcers were talking about how Coach Eaves wasn't rolling much with his lines, but he did give some of the guys a shift or two. Murray didn't see much action in the third, maybe one or two shifts that I can remember.

Stafford had a heck of a game I thought. I think it was in the second when he drove in and deked around the D and got off a nice back-hander.

Good to see ZP take home some much deserved hardware. He played a lot of hockey today. The one announcer was bugging me though, he kept pronouncing it like he was french Canadian....Zach Parisay....UGGGGHHH :angry:

That is how you pronounce it actually, it is a French Canadian name

Parise looked very good everytime he got the puck. The tying goal he drove deep around the defensemen and centered it. It bounced off someone to Kessler all alone, he shot it straight into the goalie, but it bounced up and over Fleury, barely out of his reach.

On the second US goal, I believe Stafford made a very nice cross ice pass to O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan on the off wing let a viscious wrister go that smoked the water bottle.

The winning goal, O'Sullivan made a very nice play to tip a pass past the d-man, then he accelerated past the d-man to chase it. Fleury comes out to shoot it away from O'Sullivan, but shoots it high of the trailing Canadian defensemen's elbow or shoulder and it bounced back past him into his own net.

The US then played very well and prevented Canada from having really any good chances the last five minutes, including the last minute with the goalie pulled.

Incredible game to watch. I almost left the US for dead at 3-1 and completely being out played, but then I realized that work could easily wait.

The pace of the game was outstanding on both sides, as should be expected. Much faster than most college games.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Zach's dad's name, J.P., stand for Jean Paul?

That is clearly French

Yes, his first name is Jean Paul and it's most definitely a French-Canadian name. Tim Hennessy also correctly pronounces it puh-REE-ZAY.

What a great game. Full marks to the U.S. for the third period comeback. The way those last two goals were scored, seems like it was one of those "meant to be" games.

Glad to see the US win, too bad the GWG had to be like that. I guess it was one of those goals that if we weren't crashing to the net for the puck Fleury wouldn't of had to play it the way he did. Great game kept everyone on the edge of their seats. Canada will be outstanding next year with a possible 13 players returning.

Funny how TSN says where all the players currently play except the college players. I watched the game on TSN and the announcers talked about how the US team only has 3 CHL players on the roster, and that favoring college players hurts them. They sounded like some Americans I've heard complaining about how Canada favors CHL players over college players. :angry:

Did anybody else watching TSN catch that Molston commercial with Neil Armstrong getting hit in the head with a puck while walking on the moon? That had to be one of the funniest ads I've ever seen. I love Canadian TV, the Red Green show is the most underrated progam ever made.