SiouxSports.com Forum

Alaska series signs

YaneA

Time to post ideas for signs for the Alaska series. Some ideas, in the McDonald's genre, were posted earlier in a different thread. If I can find them, I'll copy them here. Let's hear your ideas.

Since Saturday night is 80s Night at the Ralph, I thought that might make a good theme. So, these are the ideas that came to me right away.

Penalty Box:

[two Seawolves in the box] Demented & Sad...But Social

Really Low Tolerance for Dehydration

Neo Maxi Zoom Dweebie

"Strike Hard! Strike Fast! No Mercy, Sir!"--The Hockey Kid

[not necessarily referencing any former Sioux player] Pushing Maximum Density

The Brat Pack starring in "St. Elmo's Fire"

The Matt Pack starring in "St. Deano's Choir"

or, along the same lines:

The Matt Pack: Got Game

The Bratt Pack: Got Lame

Here's some of the McDonald's stuff:

"Alaska Fats"

A drawing in which the goalie cage looks like a golden arch with the caption,

"Chris: We love to see you miss by a mile" [remember the old Mickey D's slogan "We Love to See You Smile"?]

Or, a sign directed to Chris, asking the question, "Don't Your McNuggets Get Cold In Anchorage, Too?"

Or, a picture of the Lost Boy (Fournier) with the caption, "What Really Killed the McDLT" [fits in with the 80s Night theme since McDLT was marketed about 1985] or "What Really Killed the McLean Deluxe" [that was Mickey D's attempt at a lower fat burger that nobody wanted to eat, circa early 90s]

Or, "You Deserve a Breakaway...but You'll Fan on the Shot" [would student-age types be too young to remember the jingle "You Deserve a Break Today"?]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be a sign for Zach, Brady and Drew. :lol:

Someone needs to go to White Castle and get a Crave Case :angry:

Side of Beef - It's what for Dinner

Hey Fournier call 1-800-94-Jenny

Chris, Even Richard Simmons can't help you

(whoever it was that got hit with the sign during the series last year), Watch out for falling signs.

Five Chin Fournier

[Like the pie eating contest scene in Stand by Me]

Boom Babba Boom Babba Boom

Seperated at Birth?

HKY-FOURNIER,-CHRIS.gifgrimace.gif

M U rray

Pari S e

St A fford

[i'm sure my formatting screwed up but the idea is to use a letter from each name to spell out vertically U-S-A.]

Gold Minors

Fournier:

Still doing the Unskinny Bop?

Skate for 8

America, the Golden

Now Playing

"The Lords of the Rink:

The Return of the Kings"

U.S. Switches to the Gold Standard

The Golden Rule!

Sioux Get the Gold Mine;

Anchorage [or Canada?] Gets the Shaft

As much fun as this is...and there are some great ideas here...are we sure there are going to be students in the lower bowl willing to hold up the signs? Forecheck, Redwing, NorthStar?

For previous series, I've gone way overboard with the sign-making and as a result some never saw the light of the Ralph. Looking for some guidance here: after we decide which ones we like best, how many should I make? Anyone, besides the usual suspects, willing to hold up a sign? If you are, I'll make the one you prefer and bring it to your seat, after fighting my way through security.

Assuming this is do-able, let's decide on the short list of signs by tomorrow. I'll have enough time left then to make maybe 6 or 8. Of course, if anyone else wants to make signs, from our unused list or on their own, the more the merrier.

Gentle Readers:

Feel free to start voting at any time. Copy & paste your favorites in your posting with the notation, "Gimme these." No fuss, no muss, no hanging chads. The sooner I can get some idea of which signs you want to see, the sooner I can get started on them.

Still waiting to hear whether I will have any sign lifters in the lower bowl. Where are my student assistants?