SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs HOLY CROSS - Saturday

AZSIOUX

LOL...yea, because the true message to Rocco would have been to bench him for the title game. The quarterfinal game was a message and Rocco got it. You would be calling for Housley's head if Rocco was on the last shift of the game in that blow-out and got injured.

Head on over to www.ponyhockey.com, look up Phil's e-mail address or call the number listed for him and tell him how you would have handled the situation better. Good luck!

Yeah, you know everything, right? It was all Phil benching Rocco that caused Rocco to play well. Thank god for Phil benching Rocco or we would've been screwed.

I'm not trying to be a coach or talk to Phil Housley, I'm just a fan that likes to talk about this stuff with other Sioux/USA/hockey fans. Or at least , I used to.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, you know everything. It was all Phil benching Rocco that caused Rocco to play well. Thank god for Phil benching Rocco or we would've been screwed.

I'm not trying to be a coach or talk to Phil Housley, I'm just a fan that likes to talk about this stuff with other Sioux/USA/hockey fans. Or at least , I used to.

I never ever implied or stated that Phil's decision had everything to do with Rocco's championship game performance. He could have chosen to sulk and pout but he chose to react in a positive manner. I'm guessing the Slovakia issue is dead and buried in the minds of both Grimaldi and Housley.

Perhaps you also feel Herb Brooks should have handled the 1980 team a bit differently? After all, apparently you have seen 'Miracle'.

what is all the complaining about? we WON on sat and completed a sweep. UND played pretty well for the last two+ periods and got a win after getting down early. let's give HC's goalie some credit as well as if it weren't for him HC would have never have been in the game.

what is all the complaining about? we WON on sat and completed a sweep. UND played pretty well for the last two+ periods and got a win after getting down early. let's give HC's goalie some credit as well as if it weren't for him HC would have never have been in the game.

I was thinking the same thing HC beat Yale who beat Denver and C.C. so I don't think we should be unhappy, this series reminded me of the RMU series during the 2010-11 season. Kristo actually thought his line played bad during Saturday's game.

Edited by Goon

I was thinking the same thing HC beat Yale who beat Denver and C.C. so I don't think we should be unhappy, this series reminded me of the RMU series during the 2010-11 season. Kristo actually thought his line played bad during Saturday's game.

good analogy. I think UND won like 8-1 on fr night and like 1-0 or 2-1 on sat night against Bob Morris and that UND team was pretty good IIRC. this years squad is getting there. not there yet but you don't want to peak in january.

• Upvote 1

Holy cross isn't that good of a team. Middle pack team maybe of the 50 something teams. When the only line you hear about a team coming in is' well they beat Yale and Yale beat the Colorado schools blah blah' really? Who cares, they aren't that quality of a team. Hc didnt beat the denver schools. They will maybe stay in as a tuc because they will win more but a few loses vs that competition will hurt on the flip side. Just do the eye test/pairwise check when evaluating a teams schedule in January to April. Sioux swept which was awesome and now its on to much tougher teams.the bottom teams in the WCHA are as good if not better than HC. Sweep CC!!