SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ CC

AZSIOUX

If I may play devil's advocate here, Mike Guentzel was away from the Gopher program for 5 years but he made an immediate and obvious difference in the Gophers D last year. So if UND's defensive unit isn't performing up to par yet than I think Sioux fans have a right to be concerned and even critical of Berry up to this point.

I think this is where someone mentions how bad John Hill was, followed immediately by someone else mentioning how good they thought he was. Just thought I would jump in and sum it up quickly so we do not have to go through the same joke three times this month.

If I may play devil's advocate here, Mike Guentzel was away from the Gopher program for 5 years but he made an immediate and obvious difference in the Gophers D last year. So if UND's defensive unit isn't performing up to par yet than I think Sioux fans have a right to be concerned and even critical of Berry up to this point.

No, Brad Berry is a well respected and great defensive coach... I don't see anything to be concerned about... Hakstol has already said the reason that UND is facing so many shots is that the forwards are getting back as he would like.

Comment to all Berry detractors: Brad has more hockey knowledge in his pinky finger than all of us put together. To make comments that would seem to put yourself in a more knowledgeable position concerning hockey is laughable. I have worked with Brad and have known him since his playing days at UND. Believe me, if the D-men aren't performing up to the required standards in D1 hockey, Brad will get them there. It just might not be on the time-table that some posters feel is acceptable. If it's hard for any fan to watch the team in the early season, maybe those fans should just wait until January to begin their Sioux observations.

I know this is a fan forum, and all have a right to express their opinions, but I just couldn't let it go on any longer without adding MY two cents worth. We are ALL (at least I hope we are) wanting the best for the team, and I am confident that Brad's contributions will help the team toward success in the future.

This ^^^^^^^ Berry is an awesome coach.

Should be a good series. I predict Kristo pulling away from Scwartz this weekend. And I think (hope) that Rocco has a good series as well. We really need to start scoring more, we cannot rely on stellar goaltending to save our bacon in the defensive end. I think that our defensive corp is beginning to come around, and if we can shut down Rylan I see a good outcome this weekend.

I don't agree with you at all....Berry is not only an outstanding recruiter but also a great coach. It is not his fault the D (and O, in their own zone) are playing subpar so far this year (yes, I'm expecting some dumb comment from the passhappy guy).

No, Brad Berry is a well respected and great defensive coach... I don't see anything to be concerned about... Hakstol has already said the reason that UND is facing so many shots is that the forwards are getting back as he would like.

Not being critical whatsoever, but what do you mean by that comment?

Hakstol has already said the reason that UND is facing so many shots is that the forwards aren't getting back as he would like.

Yes, I recall Hakstol saying that in a pregame interview, as well. He said that the forwards have a lot of responisbility to get their feet moving and make themselves available for breakout passes.

Yes, I recall Hakstol saying that in a pregame interview, as well. He said that the forwards have a lot of responisbility to get their feet moving and make themselves available for breakout passes.

Yes, I saw goon's edit.