SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Colorado

bincitysioux

Maybe this has been mentioned somewhere else, but I see the BSC had a press release tonight that the officials missed a penalty on UNC on UND's final offensive play, the infamous 4th and 1 at the 34. UNC had 12 men on the field, but neither the refs or apparently UND caught it and the play ran through, they must have picked it up reviewing the game later. Am I wrong or wasn't that coming out of a timeout? Who has too many men after a timeout?

Too bad they didn't catch it on the spot, would have bailed UND out of their questionable play call, but I guess it's good the league is upfront admitting they screwed up.

http://www.bigskycon...1119125546.aspx

Well, not that it is a great excuse but we had our kicking team on the field when they called a timeout and when we came back out with our offense after the timeout it likely led to some quick player changes.

More than just a great talent on the field, he seemed like a young man of great character off of it. He came from an FBS school and I never once heard a hint of arrogance in any public comment. He demonstrated poise and polish beyond his years when dealing with the media. He credited his teammates when things went well and shouldered the blame when the game didn't goes as we all hoped. I can't imagine he'll be anything but a great success in anything he chooses to do with the rest of his life. I'd love to see him stay around for a year or two as a GA or assistant to mentor our young QB's but best of luck to him where ever his future leads him.

I couldn't have said it any better. A classy young man - I am sure glad that he spent has last year of eligibility at UND! Braden will have a very successful life in front of him.

I know most of you are disappointed with the season, and I understand that...we certainly had the potential for a winning season. Hopefully things get turned around soon.

I'd just like to thank all of you fans and students for cheering on my cousin during his last year of eligibility. He played backup for so long at North Carolina, so we were elated to see him get a starting job, and in a town that half our family is from. Hopefully UND builds a strong incoming class next year and makes the playoffs. I'll be watching UND football for many years to come!

He was a thrill to watch and cheer on. I wish him the best of luck in the future.